Steve Nix of ID not enthused with DX 10

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Why oh why is this being posted in the CPU forum?

Because there isnt a combination PC/multicore CPU/Xbox/Vista/DX 10 thread.

Additionally, this addesses certain theories forwarded here in the CPU section concerning ID/DX 10/Vista etc. If you watched, Nix also talked (albeit briefly) about working to make use of multi core CPUs, and about Ids commitment to the PC platform.

I dunno, maybe thats not good enogh reason to post it here, but I thought so.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006

Additionally, this addesses certain theories forwarded here in the CPU section concerning ID/DX 10/Vista etc. If you watched, Nix also talked (albeit briefly) about working to make use of multi core CPUs, and about Ids commitment to the PC platform.

Put it here then - http://forumz.tomshardware.com/games/

I'm not picking on you but I for one am completely fed up of anything slightly linked to Intel or AMD being posted here, even if it's about a log or something. Both companies do more than make CPUs.

I'm not saying this one is, but lots of posts like this are put here just purely for the purpose of getting coverage by more people.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Put it here then - http://forumz.tomshardware.com/games/

I'm not picking on you but I for one am completely fed up of anything slightly linked to Intel or AMD being posted here, even if it's about a log or something. Both companies do more than make CPUs.

I'm not saying this one is, but lots of posts like this are put here just purely for the purpose of getting coverage by more people.

If he mentioned either company, I didnt catch it. IRT PCs, his comments were limited to PC paltform, multicore etc, not AMD vs Intel, which I found as interesting as his comments on Vista and DX 10, and how they related.
You should watch it. It makes some statements about the direction of one of the leading PC game developers WRT mutlicore, and Vista, without talking about specific features of a game (we eliminated clipping, x # texures, blah blah blah) If you did watch, did you see the right one? Theres one with carmack in their talking about the new game, Mac :roll: and xbox....not much there but eyecandy.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Personal view,

i think Tom's forum have too many sub-forums,

You have CPU, then you have Overclocking, you have Graphics Card, then you have Overlocking Graphics Card... etc

Most people post their overclocking in the main CPU forum anyways, and i think if all the topics are under 3 - 5 sub-forums are more efficent for people to navigate through rather than the 10+ listing at the moment. Just my thoughts.

I only visit the CPU forum anyway, rarely soundcard or networking. :)