Quadro 600 Vs. Firepro V4800

Tags:
  • CAD
  • Quadro
  • Apps
Last response: in Apps General Discussion
December 23, 2010 8:36:55 PM

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on which would be best for Revit, 3ds Max and Photoshop?

I say those two just because they seem to be the same price - it's a student budget. Most of what I've read seems to advise against gaming cards, I was looking at the HD 5770 though.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Quadro, as I don't think I'd need to upgrade my PSU, and for cuda. But I'm a newb! The benchmark scores seem to be much lower, is that relevant for these programs?

It's for a dell 580, with an i3 530 and 4gb ram, with a 300w psu. Maybe it'll be limited by those anyway? I could get a cheap card instead..?

Quite a few questions I guess. Sorry. Be nice toa hear from anyone though!

More about : quadro 600 firepro v4800

June 1, 2011 5:57:03 PM

I am about to use Quadro 600, its great entry level card IMO.
September 20, 2011 1:25:40 PM

DillerandScoff said:
Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on which would be best for Revit, 3ds Max and Photoshop?

I say those two just because they seem to be the same price - it's a student budget. Most of what I've read seems to advise against gaming cards, I was looking at the HD 5770 though.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Quadro, as I don't think I'd need to upgrade my PSU, and for cuda. But I'm a newb! The benchmark scores seem to be much lower, is that relevant for these programs?

It's for a dell 580, with an i3 530 and 4gb ram, with a 300w psu. Maybe it'll be limited by those anyway? I could get a cheap card instead..?

Quite a few questions I guess. Sorry. Be nice toa hear from anyone though!

Run away from the hyper-priced Quadros. You'll pay for the name and a couple of drivers, nothing else. Get the GTX450 or 460 and you'll be happy with those!

Also don't trust "certified hardware" lists, especially those from Autodesk. They are outdated and built to lure people into spending 5x more on the Quadros for nothing.

Related resources
October 29, 2011 12:30:43 PM

mrmaia said:
Run away from the hyper-priced Quadros. You'll pay for the name and a couple of drivers, nothing else. Get the GTX450 or 460 and you'll be happy with those!

Also don't trust "certified hardware" lists, especially those from Autodesk. They are outdated and built to lure people into spending 5x more on the Quadros for nothing.

Nonsense: a measly Quadro 600 easilly slay whatever high end GTX on what it was intended to do.
Try these bench

October 29, 2011 12:36:23 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
October 29, 2011 12:37:24 PM

Zumzifero said:
Nonsense: a measly Quadro 600 easilly slay whatever high end GTX on what it was intended to do.
Try these bench

Cool these benchmarks. Good to know.

Thanx for sharing.
October 29, 2011 12:48:08 PM

This topic has been reopen by Nikorr
October 29, 2011 12:48:37 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr