Sign in with
Your question

No Joy: Sound, Video & Game Controllers

Last response: in Windows XP
September 21, 2009 2:42:31 PM

I recently had to fix the MBR on C drive, which required screwing around in the BIOS, but I ended up resetting to defaults and here's the problem:

I've recently upgraded iTunes and installed new software for my Logitech WebCam, but somewhere after fixing the MBR, I lost all my sound; I'm not sure exactly when I lost the sound, but it was working before the MBR was messed up.

There are no drivers loading in the Sound, Video & Game Controllers section of device manager...they all show a "!". :o 

I have XP Pro, SP3 and an asus A8N-SLI Premium, which has on-board sound; I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the sound card; I've tried uninstalling all the devices in the SVGC section, but they won't uninstall; I've triple checked my BIOS and the sound is enabled, I even turned it off and turned it back on again; lastly I tried a system restore and still no luck.

Any thoughts?

TIA, once again.
a b \ Driver
September 21, 2009 3:16:49 PM

If the devices have a yellow ! next to them, there is a conflict. You likely don't have any or don't have the correct drivers installed.

If you have onboard sound, you don't need drivers for a soundcard. You simply need to go to here. You'll want the first download.
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelnam... Premium&SLanguage=en-us
m
l
September 21, 2009 5:01:37 PM

I assume you mean the first audio download? Your link didn't work...if so I'll try that when I get home from work.

thanks.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
September 21, 2009 5:46:35 PM

The link is taking you to the right page, but the asus site seems a little slow today. It may take a few tries to get on.
m
l
September 22, 2009 4:26:22 AM

just found them, all all is good.

thanks.

:D 
m
l
!