Remote Desktop Connection to a Windows XP host with two monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymapleleaf

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Hello,

I recently bought a second monitor for my desktop and connected it to the second output on a nVidia GeForce 9800GT and installed UltraMon to manage the dual displays, along with the nVidia nView Desktop Manager for a few features. Ever since switching to dual monitors on the desktop, I haven't been able to log in using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) from my laptop, which is a Macbook Pro running the latest stable version of the RDC client for Mac. When I try to log in, the client on my laptop shows a blank black screen and my monitors on the desktop show the same. When I quit the RDC client on my laptop, my desktop still shows a blank black screen on both displays and I have to hit the reset button to get it working again. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

In short: Remote Desktop Connections worked beautifully to my desktop (Windows XP Pro) from my laptop (Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard) until I bought a second monitor and set up a dual display environment on the desktop. Now, both client and host screens go black, and the host has to be reset in order to be used again.

Thank you very, very much!

Biswas.

Status
Not open for further replies.