Brutuz

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
My PSU recently stopped giving enough power for my GfX card to work with everything else in my system, I need to know of a good PSU with at least 18amps on +12v and it needs to be really, really cheap, or for close to free.

I have AU$40 - AU$60 to spend, and it has to last until November (When I get my new computer)

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ OCed 100Mhz
1Gb DDR RAM
Half working ASUS A7S8X-MX (Stupid Low Quality SiS chipset....)
nVidia 6800GS AGP 512Mbs
2x 7200RPM IDE HDDs
1x Sony Floppy Drive
1x LG 16x DVD burner
4x Case Fans

Brutuz

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
That link leads to a 500 - Internal Server Error, and the one I'm getting is a Hiper HPU-4K580, and I don't have enough money for that yet.

Brutuz

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
The link works now, I just had to keep refreshing, and the list had the one I'm getting, so thats good (From Scorptec, which is where I'm getting it too)

And anyway, if it took out my Motherboard, it would be a reason to get a new one for this computer, the current one is half dead anyway :p

phassat

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2007
Well for that price you will not find a decent PSU. I'm afraid you will need to spend more then that. If your not willing to do that then just pick up any old 450W or better PSU. But don't be surprised if it doesn't last you through November like you need it too.

Why not go ahead and get a PSU that will support your new build. If your new build includes a case and you happen to get a case that comes with a PSU then use that unit in the old computer.

Here is a listing of qualtiy PSU availible to you.

PSU Reference List (AUS)

This is the most up to date version of my list untill i can get updates performed here.

Agree with that, if you're going to build a new system, just buy a really good one that can be used in your new system... Not worthed if you spend $40-$60 just to find your PSU dead by Nov...

TRENDING THREADS