D-Link DI-604 Router Problems with Multiplayer

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 13, 2004 12:14:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

Hi,

I've stopped playing Quake3 due to a problem with my router. It wont let me
get connected to a multiplayer server. It is the router's fault because I
connected my computer directly to my cable modem and it connected easily. I
can see the server list while behind the router. I've tried being DMZed and
setting up a virtual server to let the ports of quake 3 open (both in the
setup screen of my router.) But I'm suspecting that maybe I have to reset my
router in order for these settings to take place? If so how would i do that
and would it erase the settings? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

More about : link 604 router problems multiplayer

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 5:30:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:14:15 -0600, "Falcon1209"
<falcon1209@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've stopped playing Quake3 due to a problem with my router. It wont let me
>get connected to a multiplayer server. It is the router's fault because I
>connected my computer directly to my cable modem and it connected easily. I
>can see the server list while behind the router. I've tried being DMZed and
>setting up a virtual server to let the ports of quake 3 open (both in the
>setup screen of my router.) But I'm suspecting that maybe I have to reset my
>router in order for these settings to take place? If so how would i do that
>and would it erase the settings? Any other suggestions?

"Resetting" the router wouldn't make your changes take
effect, it would erase all changes made since (day 1) and
revert to factory defaults. Quite often the reset is not
same thing as it would be on a PC.

After you make changes (in general, I have a couple D-Link
routers but not your model) save them, and reboot the router
from it's menu. An alternative after saving would be to
power-cycle the router, pull the plug or flip the switch..
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 6:40:54 PM

"Falcon1209" <falcon1209@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
>
> I've stopped playing Quake3 due to a problem with my router. It wont let
> me get connected to a multiplayer server. It is the router's fault because
> I connected my computer directly to my cable modem and it connected
> easily. I can see the server list while behind the router. I've tried
> being DMZed and setting up a virtual server to let the ports of quake 3
> open (both in the setup screen of my router.) But I'm suspecting that
> maybe I have to reset my router in order for these settings to take place?
> If so how would i do that and would it erase the settings? Any other
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have the same router, and it works fine with Quake3 and other games too.
But sometimes the gaming can get laggy and then I just turn off the power
and restart DI-604 again and it works fine.

The problem with lagging is mostly occurring with changing setting in the
router or if it has been turned on for a very long time, but as I said a
reboot have solved it so fare.
!