Missing OS from boot.ini

Can someone tell me How/Why the OS is missing from boot.ini. I had XP and
primary boot, and Windows 2000, & 2003 Server. For some reason they are not
in boot.ini, the only item there under OS is XP Pro.
If I check under My computer or Manage they are still there.
Any ideas
Bruce

Check the configuration utility 'msconfig' (Start>Run>msconfig) Click the
boot ini tab and then click the 'check all boot paths' button
Actually it is a good idea to backup the boot ini file. Alternatively make
an emergency boot disk you can then always copy the correct boot ini file
back if problems occur in the future. To create an emergency boot disk go to
my web site http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and
take a look at question 10

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me How/Why the OS is missing from boot.ini. I had XP and
> primary boot, and Windows 2000, & 2003 Server. For some reason they are
> not
> in boot.ini, the only item there under OS is XP Pro.
> If I check under My computer or Manage they are still there.
> Any ideas
> Bruce

Have a look for a boot.ini on the other partitions
One of the installs may have changed the boot drive

Regards
Mark Dormer

> Can someone tell me How/Why the OS is missing from boot.ini. I had XP and
> primary boot, and Windows 2000, & 2003 Server. For some reason they are
not
> in boot.ini, the only item there under OS is XP Pro.
> If I check under My computer or Manage they are still there.
> Any ideas
> Bruce

No they are not listed in the other drives, & it is funny because they were
listed five minutes before they were noticed missing.
Bruce