Reformatting with two hard drives

Entropy5

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Hello,

I need to reformat my computer because it's been like 2 years and its getting really slow.

Anyways. I was creating a bunch of backup DVD's and I realized that I'm going to need to use like 10 of them to save everything that I want to save. But then I had an idea.

I have two hard drives (the second one is run in slave mode). Is it possible for me to put everything I want to save on the first hard drive, then wipe the second one. Then transfer all the stuff I want to save to the newly wiped second one, and then wipe the first and reinstall Windows?

It sounds like it'll work, but I was just wondering if there is anything I'm forgetting.

A lot of the stuff I want to save is on the second hard drive, so I created a "Save This" file on the first hard drive and did a drag and drop from the second to that save file on the first. When I do that it does actually transfer the data between the hard drives, right? I thought that it might just 'appear' to be on the first hard drive but still remain on the second (and that would totally screw me when I erased it).

Sorry for the rambling. I'm not very good with computers and I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

-Thanks for the help!

TRENDING THREADS