Anti - VIrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylothian

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hey guys.

I know this is a very open question with no real answer. Im looking for an anti-virus, so i want to know your guys opinion what is the best anti-virus out there. Im done with this freeware stuff i have to do my entire network over and i want to get the best anti virus.

I want to know what you guys are using, or what you will recommend.
I was looking at NOD32 Business Edition and Kaspersky Internet Security. I went through a few reviews:
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/v2/
thats why i decided on Kaspersky. I know all anti virus have their pro's and con's

So just want to hear your thoughts.

Shot

I had good experiences till KIS 2010. But KIS2011 was so bad, that I have decided to go the other way from what you have. I will be using Avira free anti-virus and Zone Alarm free firewall once my KIS2011 registration expires in February!

kylothian

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Shot, i was only looking at it. also saw comodo AV but so far my money will be on NOD32 Business edition. Just wanted to hear every1's thoughts

kylothian

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
well i used comodo for about 5 min before uninstalling the progam, it locked me out of most of my folders, and it refused to let me install anything, even when i switch it off. so im going to try avast for a while till next payday and get myself kaspersky

verbalizer

Distinguished

sounds like operator error... :na:

^^I think so too... There is an option in Comodo which completely blocks off everything.

But i must say:
Avira/Avast/AVG
Comodo (in Firewall mode) and
SpyBot SD

is one of the best solution you can get for free and no need any paid softwares. You can get into site and download anything and come out unscathed.

KIS 2011 is a resource hog of the highest caliber. I eats up RAM like a kid eats chocolate. Very disappointed with it! :fou:

kylothian

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
malmental i downloaded comodo and did an update, the software crash and constantly nagged me that it had issues it cant resolve... this after i formatted my pc... so yeah the program is wonky.

hell_storm2004 is Spybot SD anygood and can u send me a link of which one you recommend.
shot

Status
Not open for further replies.