FOX HD choppy as heck...anyone else?

Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
on the SuperBowl pregame show?
15 answers Last reply
More about choppy heck anyone else

    Looks good here in Los Angeles (Comcast 90036) DD 5.1 also.

    Steve

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Steven de Mena wrote:
    > Looks good here in Los Angeles (Comcast 90036) DD 5.1 also.

    It's fine OTA in Seattle.

    -- Mark --

    http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in message
    > Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    > on the SuperBowl pregame show?

    Excellent video quality and DD5.1 in Westchester County, NY (about 25 miles
    north of NYC). I'm recording it on my high def TIVO, which is doing a fine
    job, and enabling me to post this message without missing the half time show
    :)

    Looks beautiful here in Harrisburg, PA.

    Don

    On 2005-02-06 14:09:20 -0800, "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> said:

    > Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    > on the SuperBowl pregame show?

    Looks great over here OTA, including DD5.1 sound. KRXI FOX Reno, NV.

    --
    There are no monkeys in my email.

    On 6 Feb 2005 14:09:20 -0800, "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote:

    >Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    >on the SuperBowl pregame show?

    Unwatchable in hd (San Francisco Bay Area)

    Watching the game right now just about at halftime...

    1 - Either this game is not being broadcast in HD, just being upscaled
    2 - Or my cable provider (Adelphia) is not really showing it in HD
    3 - Or SOMETHING is wrong someplace

    Sorry, but the CBS game 2 weeks ago looked stunning. This looks aweful in
    comparison

    "Diver" <Diver@Home.com> wrote in message
    > On 6 Feb 2005 14:09:20 -0800, "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    >>on the SuperBowl pregame show?
    >
    > Unwatchable in hd (San Francisco Bay Area)

    Sound is very choppy in Cleveland, OH. Noticed it before occasionally on
    certain HD channels, but particularly bad today.

    jimw wrote:

    >Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    >on the SuperBowl pregame show?

    The local Fox digital OTA (KFQX-DT) transmitter has been off the air
    most of today including all of SuperBowl. It has never broadcast HD,
    only SD with poor audio. Had to watch the weak, noisy analog signal.
    Typically broadcasters are way behind here in Grand Junction Colorado.

    "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in news:1107727760.311652.5190
    @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    > on the SuperBowl pregame show?

    Watched the first qtr SD due to heavy pixelation and sound drops.
    Everything was fine from then on. Comcast Sacramento, Ca.

    Mike

    "Mike Wilcox" <mike.j.wilcox@intel.com> wrote in message
    > "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in news:1107727760.311652.5190
    > @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    >> on the SuperBowl pregame show?
    >>

    > Watched the first qtr SD due to heavy pixelation and sound drops.
    > Everything was fine from then on. Comcast Sacramento, Ca.
    >
    > Mike

    Wow... that's interesting because the whole game was fine here, then a bit
    of that popped up during the postgame broadcast. Comcast - Rancho Cordova,
    CA.

    I watched the SB start to finish, and it really looked and sounded
    great. DD5.1, great PQ, no problem via OTA here in Pgh, PA.
    Unfortunately, the Steelers were not on the screen.

    jimw Wrote:
    > Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    > on the SuperBowl pregame show?

    --
    wmhjr

    I was getting an unusually weak signal (upper 60's as opposed to normally in
    the upper 80's) with significant pixelation.
    "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in message
    > Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    > on the SuperBowl pregame show?

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 04:28:24 +0000 (UTC), Mike Wilcox
    <mike.j.wilcox@intel.com> wrote:

    >"jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in news:1107727760.311652.5190
    >@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    >> on the SuperBowl pregame show?
    >>

    >Watched the first qtr SD due to heavy pixelation and sound drops.
    >Everything was fine from then on. Comcast Sacramento, Ca.
    >
    >Mike

    Same in SF Bay Area

    Actually, it was very watchable in the San Francisco Bay Area, at least OTA
    for me in southwest San Jose. After adding a cheap 10DB amp to my antenna a
    couple of months ago, KTVU has been rock solid. However, this isn't the case
    throughout the entire area, unfortunately. Perhaps it is the relatively high
    frequency of their UHF channel (56) that is causing the most trouble.

    "Diver" <Diver@Home.com> wrote in message
    > On 6 Feb 2005 14:09:20 -0800, "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
    >>on the SuperBowl pregame show?
    >
    > Unwatchable in hd (San Francisco Bay Area)

HDTV TV HD Home Theatre