FOX HD choppy as heck...anyone else?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
February 6, 2005 5:09:20 PM

Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
on the SuperBowl pregame show?

More about : fox choppy heck

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 8:33:52 PM

Looks good here in Los Angeles (Comcast 90036) DD 5.1 also.

Steve

"jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in message
> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 9:06:24 PM

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Steven de Mena wrote:
> Looks good here in Los Angeles (Comcast 90036) DD 5.1 also.

It's fine OTA in Seattle.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
February 7, 2005 12:06:17 AM

"jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in message
> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Excellent video quality and DD5.1 in Westchester County, NY (about 25 miles
north of NYC). I'm recording it on my high def TIVO, which is doing a fine
job, and enabling me to post this message without missing the half time show
:)
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 12:51:49 AM

Looks beautiful here in Harrisburg, PA.

Don

"jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in message
> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 3:04:53 AM

On 2005-02-06 14:09:20 -0800, "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> said:

> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Looks great over here OTA, including DD5.1 sound. KRXI FOX Reno, NV.

--
There are no monkeys in my email.
Anonymous

On 6 Feb 2005 14:09:20 -0800, "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote:

>Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
>on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Unwatchable in hd (San Francisco Bay Area)
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 4:11:48 AM

Watching the game right now just about at halftime...

1 - Either this game is not being broadcast in HD, just being upscaled
2 - Or my cable provider (Adelphia) is not really showing it in HD
3 - Or SOMETHING is wrong someplace

Sorry, but the CBS game 2 weeks ago looked stunning. This looks aweful in
comparison

"Diver" <Diver@Home.com> wrote in message
> On 6 Feb 2005 14:09:20 -0800, "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote:
>
>>Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
>>on the SuperBowl pregame show?
>
> Unwatchable in hd (San Francisco Bay Area)
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 4:49:29 AM

Sound is very choppy in Cleveland, OH. Noticed it before occasionally on
certain HD channels, but particularly bad today.

"Steven de Mena" <demenas@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Looks good here in Los Angeles (Comcast 90036) DD 5.1 also.
>
> Steve
>
> "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in message
>> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
>> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 6:52:09 AM

jimw wrote:

>Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
>on the SuperBowl pregame show?

The local Fox digital OTA (KFQX-DT) transmitter has been off the air
most of today including all of SuperBowl. It has never broadcast HD,
only SD with poor audio. Had to watch the weak, noisy analog signal.
Typically broadcasters are way behind here in Grand Junction Colorado.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:28:24 AM

"jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in news:1107727760.311652.5190
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Watched the first qtr SD due to heavy pixelation and sound drops.
Everything was fine from then on. Comcast Sacramento, Ca.

Mike
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:28:25 AM

"Mike Wilcox" <mike.j.wilcox@intel.com> wrote in message
> "jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in news:1107727760.311652.5190
> @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
>> on the SuperBowl pregame show?
>>

> Watched the first qtr SD due to heavy pixelation and sound drops.
> Everything was fine from then on. Comcast Sacramento, Ca.
>
> Mike

Wow... that's interesting because the whole game was fine here, then a bit
of that popped up during the postgame broadcast. Comcast - Rancho Cordova,
CA.
February 7, 2005 6:49:15 PM

I watched the SB start to finish, and it really looked and sounded
great. DD5.1, great PQ, no problem via OTA here in Pgh, PA.
Unfortunately, the Steelers were not on the screen.

jimw Wrote:
> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

--
wmhjr
February 7, 2005 6:54:58 PM

I was getting an unusually weak signal (upper 60's as opposed to normally in
the upper 80's) with significant pixelation.
"jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in message
> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
> on the SuperBowl pregame show?

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:10:18 PM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 04:28:24 +0000 (UTC), Mike Wilcox
<mike.j.wilcox@intel.com> wrote:

>"jimw" <jimw@visi.net> wrote in news:1107727760.311652.5190
>@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Fox OTA HD is terrible in my area (Norfolk, VA) anyone else seeing this
>> on the SuperBowl pregame show?
>>

>Watched the first qtr SD due to heavy pixelation and sound drops.
>Everything was fine from then on. Comcast Sacramento, Ca.
>
>Mike

Same in SF Bay Area
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 6:41:33 AM

Actually, it was very watchable in the San Francisco Bay Area, at least OTA
for me in southwest San Jose. After adding a cheap 10DB amp to my antenna a
couple of months ago, KTVU has been rock solid. However, this isn't the case
throughout the entire area, unfortunately. Perhaps it is the relatively high
frequency of their UHF channel (56) that is causing the most trouble.

!