Getting my front sound ports to work?

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Hey guys,

I've just been having a re-think of how my room's setup and basically it's going to involve sticking the PC out of the way on the floor in a relatively inaccessible position (for the back ports at least) so I'd really like to get the front sound ports to work if possible.

I've got an A7N8X-E Deluxe but for some reason I've just never been able to get the bloody things to work.

Basically, there's the set of pins on the motherboard that I'm supposed to plug them into, but there's already a jumper bridging across them, it seems as soon as I move then the rear audio panels stop working, and the board's manual backs this up on page 46.

Now, I've got an absolutely naff sound card (ST Labs Sound Impact) that I guess I could use instead, but I've just Googled and it seems that running two cards at once is a big no no, so I'm wondering if there's any way at all I can run both the rear and front ports through the same sound card? Thanks you

PCD

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Relax and give people a chance to reply.

The 2x 2 pins with a jumper= short them using some thin wire making sure the thin wire only touch the pins they are to short out and nothing else.
Mount the wires for the front sound ports.

You will now have sound both at the front and back.

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Huge thanks for the reply, I only posted that above because silly me actually managed to sort it out very soon after posting this topic, apologies :(