Super Bowl on FOX just does not look good at all

Is this game really being broadcast in HD?

Either something is wrong here with either FOX or my cable provider
(Adelphia in Southern California) or this is just way underimpressive
compared to the CBS game 2 weeks ago. THAT was stunning!
20 answers Last reply
More about super bowl good

    FOX is never as good as CBS
    but it looks good enough here to be called HD

    In article <YhzNd.21050$uc.17313@trnddc09>, "Jay A" <cajay@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    > Is this game really being broadcast in HD?

    We got it OTA from our local Fox station, and it looked terrific.

    It's your cable provider.

    Don

    "Jay A" <cajay@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Is this game really being broadcast in HD?
    >
    > Either something is wrong here with either FOX or my cable provider
    > (Adelphia in Southern California) or this is just way underimpressive
    > compared to the CBS game 2 weeks ago. THAT was stunning!

    OTA from our local Fox 53 Pittsburgh station, and it looked terrific

    "M-Tech" <mechtechllc@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >It's your cable provider.

    This PDF document explains why most cable providers don't have Fox HD
    available.
    http://www.sbgi.net/misc/cable_resale_local_tv.pdf

    Fox 5 here in NYC looked nice---but I've seen better. (Time Warner
    DTV-HD)

    5.1 audio was terrific. Sir Paul sounded quite good---but I'm certain
    some tracks were rolling behind him.

    > 5.1 audio was terrific. Sir Paul sounded quite good---

    I agree. Sounded great.

    > It's your cable provider.

    Must be

    On 2005-02-06 17:14:32 -0800, "Jay A" <cajay@verizon.net> said:

    > Is this game really being broadcast in HD?
    >
    > Either something is wrong here with either FOX or my cable provider
    > (Adelphia in Southern California) or this is just way underimpressive
    > compared to the CBS game 2 weeks ago. THAT was stunning!

    The game was in HD on KRXI-DT in Reno, NV and it was a crisp, clean
    broadcast with 5.1 sound.

    --
    There are no monkeys in my email.

    Looked great in Dallas on KDFW 4 (35) OTA 40 miles from
    transmitter with a rooftop Radio Shack $39 antenna.

    Well, if true this certainly explains the less than stellar picture quality
    which I watched today. It honestly looked no better than an SD signal fitted
    to the 16:9 screen.

    However it WAS 16:9 and the SD FOX station came in at 4:3 so SOMETHING was
    different. The HD one did not look stretched or distorted in any way. It
    just didn't look any better than SD. Nothing I have seen on FOX HAS looked
    any better than SD. I suppose that what I should have done was switch to the
    OTA tunder and plug in the outdoor antenna to see if that looked any
    better, but I didn't think of it at the time.

    Jay A wrote:
    > Is this game really being broadcast in HD?
    >
    > Either something is wrong here with either FOX or my cable provider
    > (Adelphia in Southern California) or this is just way underimpressive

    > compared to the CBS game 2 weeks ago. THAT was stunning!

    I thought they did a fantastic job for the SB.

    the guy's post obviously showed that he was watching a fox hd channel on his
    cable and not that he just doesn't have the hd channel at all

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 01:14:32 GMT, "Jay A" <cajay@verizon.net> wrote:

    >Is this game really being broadcast in HD?
    >
    >Either something is wrong here with either FOX or my cable provider
    >(Adelphia in Southern California) or this is just way underimpressive
    >compared to the CBS game 2 weeks ago. THAT was stunning!

    Looks hot here in Detroit OTA
    I don't use cable due to them "rebroadcasting"
    at lower bit rates

    "Jay A" <cajay@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Is this game really being broadcast in HD?
    >
    > Either something is wrong here with either FOX or my cable provider
    > (Adelphia in Southern California) or this is just way underimpressive
    > compared to the CBS game 2 weeks ago. THAT was stunning!

    Both OTA and Comcast cable looked great in Albuquerque.

    --
    Bearman
    If it's got tits, tires, tubes, or transistors, it's trouble.

    Can somebody help me out. I'm having a discussion with a friend who says
    the half time show wasn't broadcast in 5.1 surround. Sounded like it was
    to me. Does anybody know? I was watching on my local cable in HD and we
    was using the Dish satellite. Maybe I got it and he didn't? Anybody
    know?

    --
    mrand

    As far as I know Dish does not carry any locals (or a Fox feed) in HD -
    period. So, if he watched it on Dish not only did he not have 5.1 surround,
    he did not have a HD picture. I picked it up OTA here in Cincinnati and it
    was awesome, picture and sound wise. Most of the people I had over had never
    seen an HD picture before and everyone of them were blown away by the
    picture AND commented how good the halftime show sounded!

    bobukcat

    "mrand" <mrand.1k3tiy@satelliteguys.us> wrote in message

    > Can somebody help me out. I'm having a discussion with a friend who says
    > the half time show wasn't broadcast in 5.1 surround. Sounded like it was
    > to me. Does anybody know? I was watching on my local cable in HD and we
    > was using the Dish satellite. Maybe I got it and he didn't? Anybody
    > know?
    >

    > --
    > mrand

    We watched it on an OTA receiver here in Cincinnati and it was basically
    flawless, just as you would expect from the Superbowl. It was humorous
    because I had the TV on the OTA Fox channel and had to run up to the store I
    got back and didn't really look at the TV but from the other room I heard my
    oldest brother say "what the hell good is this huge TV if the whole screen
    isn't displayed?". So I walked around the corner (this was just before
    kickoff so they were showing the field", picked up the remote and noticed
    that someone had changed it to the DishNetwork local feed, switched it to
    the OTA HD channel and the whole room (about 15 people of varying ages) went
    "woooooow!" at the same time. Talk about making me feel like every
    considerable dollar I spent on the TV, receiver, and new entertainment
    center was worth it!!
    :-)

    Now, if CBS, and ESPN would get off there asses and start broadcasting more
    college hoops in HD I would be forced to have tournament parties in March
    and April!!!

    bobukcat

    "Jay A" <cajay@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Is this game really being broadcast in HD?
    >
    > Either something is wrong here with either FOX or my cable provider
    > (Adelphia in Southern California) or this is just way underimpressive
    > compared to the CBS game 2 weeks ago. THAT was stunning!

    Looked fantastic here in Rockford IL. with Radio Shack FM antenna in attic
    receiving signal from Madison Wi (60 miles).

    "Josiah Gluck" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > Fox 5 here in NYC looked nice---but I've seen better. (Time Warner
    > DTV-HD)
    >
    > 5.1 audio was terrific. Sir Paul sounded quite good---but I'm certain
    > some tracks were rolling behind him.

    Sure, just when I get my HD television they have an old guy do the halftime
    show. I love Paul and his music, but I hope new year they get someone like
    Vanessa Williams - with or without wardrobe malfunction.

HDTV TV Games Home Theatre