Sign in with
Your question

Build a pc and it starts for 2 sec and keep restarting

Tags:
Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
July 25, 2012 11:19:56 AM

Hi
I just build a computer and it starts and goes off all the time.
When i remove the memory it starts. i bought a new memory and it does the same thing

Antec Kuhler H2O 620 CPU-Kylare - Socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / AM3
ASUS GeForce G210 1GB SILENT (EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP)) - PCI-E / DVI / VGA / HDMI
ASUS P8H61 B3 - ATX / Intel H61 / DDR3 / PCI-E / SATA 2.0 / USB 3.0
Corsair Power Supply (PSU) 430W CX V2

"old one" Corsair ValueSelect 4 GB DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz (CMV4GX3M2A1333C9) (2x2GB)
"new one" G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL - DDR3 1333 Mhz - 2 x 4GB
Fractal Design Define R3 - Svart (Ej PSU / USB 3.0)
Intel Core i5-3570K - 4 trådar / 3,4GHz (3,8GHz Turbo) / 6MB / Socket 1155 (Boxed) (Upplåst) (77w)
Samsung DVD±RW Samsung 22X SATA Bulk Svart
Western Digital Intern Hårddisk Caviar Green 500GB SATA II (32MB Cache / SATA II)
July 25, 2012 12:08:59 PM

does the pc start and restart with some sort of pattern like this:

push power button to turn on
computer shuts down in 15 seconds
computer shuts down in 10 seconds
computer shuts down in 5 seconds

this often indicates cpu overheating due to an impropper application of thermal paste, impropper cpu heatsink seating or a bad cpu fan.

check this..

of course the problem could be elsewhere. it could be an instable power supply or bad component however i've had good luck with my corsair unit and one thing you learn is to never assume anything.

see if i was right about the fan (have the side of the case off and physically look at it to see if it spins) and post results.

post as much information as you can about how the pc acts, how you built the pc (or was it prebuilt) etc. often the more information you provide (within reason now...) can increase the chances of us isolating the problem..

my first guess is a bad fan.
July 25, 2012 12:17:02 PM

ssddx said:
does the pc start and restart with some sort of pattern like this:

computer shuts down in 15 seconds
computer shuts down in 10 seconds
computer shuts down in 5 seconds

this often indicates cpu overheating due to an impropper application of thermal paste, impropper cpu heatsink seating or a bad cpu fan.

check this..

of course the problem could be elsewhere. it could be an instable power supply or bad component however i've had good luck with my corsair unit and one thing you learn is to never assume anything.

see if i was right about the fan (have the side of the case off and physically look at it to see if it spins) and post results.

post as much information as you can about how the pc acts, how you built the pc (or was it prebuilt) etc. often the more information you provide (within reason now...) can increase the chances of us isolating the problem..

my first guess is a bad fan.

thank you for answering
i just removed the Dimm and it started for a while and stable
Related resources
July 25, 2012 12:19:28 PM

the computer starts with the same rhythm 3 sec on and off all the time but when i remove the DIMM it starts without turning off. the cpu is water cooled
July 25, 2012 3:39:54 PM

you are removing just one of the ram sticks and it works fine?

this brings up the following questions..

-bad stick? shouldnt be since you replaced them already but maybe.
-bad slots?
-bad motherboard?
-using the wrong slots (yes it does matter)

if the problem happens with the same slot with the old ram and new ram then i'd be guessing its a bad slot or mb.
!