Point Releases Problems

Hello there

One of my mates has decided to setup a server which I can connect to if he
keeps it at version 1.30, (I'm running the same version), but when he
updates it to either 1.31 or 1.32 I'm unable to connect. I either get the
error message 'Server uses protocol version 68 or Client unknown to auth.
These still occur if I upgrade to the version which he is running. Other
people are able to connect. We are all using legal version of the game.

Any Ideas

Paul
2 answers Last reply
More about point releases problems

    Paul Wells a écrit :
    > Hello there
    >
    > One of my mates has decided to setup a server which I can connect to if he
    > keeps it at version 1.30, (I'm running the same version), but when he
    > updates it to either 1.31 or 1.32 I'm unable to connect. I either get the
    > error message 'Server uses protocol version 68 or Client unknown to auth.
    > These still occur if I upgrade to the version which he is running. Other
    > people are able to connect. We are all using legal version of the game.
    >
    > Any Ideas
    >
    > Paul

    Easy: upgrade your client version to 1.32, available on many quake sites...

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:52:02 GMT, "Paul Wells"
    <paul.wells5@virgin.net> wrote:

    >Hello there
    >
    >One of my mates has decided to setup a server which I can connect to if he
    >keeps it at version 1.30, (I'm running the same version), but when he
    >updates it to either 1.31 or 1.32 I'm unable to connect. I either get the
    >error message 'Server uses protocol version 68 or Client unknown to auth.
    >These still occur if I upgrade to the version which he is running. Other
    >people are able to connect. We are all using legal version of the game.
    >
    >Any Ideas
    >
    >Paul

    Use seismovisin to switch between patches

    http://www.planetquake3.net/seismovision/

    protocol 68 is 1.32 patch
    protocaol 67 is 1.31 patch
    protocol 66 is 1.30 patch

    HTH

    www.havoc6.com

    .............UT2004 pretty gfx ,still can't beat good old quake 3 ..............

Connection Servers Video Games