Windows XP Pro activation

Jcast

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I had a problem with my HP notebook some how my drivers for the key board and my usb mouse got corrupted anyway I rebooted the notebook and lost both the keyboard and mouse functions so I reset CMOS battery andthat didnt work So I used my Windows XP Pro CD for My Dell desktop to get the drivers for my mouse and keyboard but I ended up reinstalling XP Pro which I didnt think would be a problem until it did a dynamic update before I could stop it! Anyway now Im stuck with Windows is not activated would you like to activate now? I clicked yes and it says that windows is already activated then it reboots now its a vicious circle with WPA. I need to know how to activate it. I have the original Key code for the HP notebook and the Dell XP Pro CD that I used. What do I need to do? I also cant access the internet or my wireless home network! HELP!!!!!

Since you already have the Dell OS installed on a PC, you aren't supposed to use it on another one. And it's really only designed for Dell hardware. It can work, but it won't be as easy.

And downloading drivers isn't going to help you activate the OS. You should get the restore discs from HP and do a reinstall.

Jonmor68

Distinguished
As you have found you can't activate it because it' in use on another computer and brand, your only option now is to do what aford10 said in an earlier post, order a restore disk from HP.
I'm asuming you don't have the original restore partition to restore from.