Sign in with
Your question

Isass.exe system error

Tags:
  • System Error
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 25, 2009 10:46:56 AM

I've been seeing some clues recently that my hard drive is having some problems (can't really describe beyond that), including (since this is on a MacBook Pro) that my Mac OS partition became read-only and couldn't boot. Reinstalling fixed that, but since my goal at the time was to install windows, I wasn't done. After partitioning with boot camp, booting to the windows install disc, copying the necessary files and so on, and booting up, I get an error message titled: "lsass.exe - System Error" saying: "An invalid parameter has been passed to the service or function" or something along those lines. I can see the installation screen (with the progress bar that always starts at 39 minutes) in the background (and the bottom right corner even shows a loading style animation that you see when installing), however, when I click OK (only option), I see the regular install screen for about 2 seconds, and it restarts to the same situation. Could it be that the Windows installation processes are having trouble writing to my drive or something? Or is that unrelated? Btw, this is a 3rd party Hitachi Travelstar 320GB drive that I installed myself (I used it in my MacBook for about 2 months and it runs Leopard well).

as i facing same problem solution pls

More about : isass exe system error

March 8, 2010 7:22:47 PM

danamvijju said:
I've been seeing some clues recently that my hard drive is having some problems (can't really describe beyond that), including (since this is on a MacBook Pro) that my Mac OS partition became read-only and couldn't boot. Reinstalling fixed that, but since my goal at the time was to install windows, I wasn't done. After partitioning with boot camp, booting to the windows install disc, copying the necessary files and so on, and booting up, I get an error message titled: "lsass.exe - System Error" saying: "An invalid parameter has been passed to the service or function" or something along those lines. I can see the installation screen (with the progress bar that always starts at 39 minutes) in the background (and the bottom right corner even shows a loading style animation that you see when installing), however, when I click OK (only option), I see the regular install screen for about 2 seconds, and it restarts to the same situation. Could it be that the Windows installation processes are having trouble writing to my drive or something? Or is that unrelated? Btw, this is a 3rd party Hitachi Travelstar 320GB drive that I installed myself (I used it in my MacBook for about 2 months and it runs Leopard well).

as i facing same problem solution pls

Did you ever get help on this problem? I've only found the same questions.. and I am having this same issue.. I have yet to find a fix.. if I can't get into my system.. even in safemode.. how can I fix the issue? Please help... thanks..
m
l
!