video card glitch?

volanis

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
hi guys. i recently upgraded 3 major components in my pc. an amd 64 4000 939, sapphire x1950 pro graphic card and an asus a8v-xe motherboard. Everything seems to be running smoothly exept my games. bf2 crashes to desktop after a few minutes of play, but weirdest of all games like tiberian wars and medieval 2 wont crash but get these blue/green and red lines all over the screen. when i drag the mouse across the screen thwey get worse. let me see if i can insert this screenie to give an eg. of what im talking about
click this image for a bigger pic. its safe i promise!!!

crazywheels

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
not getting enough juice means that your power supply isn't putting out enough power to run everything. It's definitely your video card either it's not getting "enough juice" or your video card is bad. Possibly your video card drivers aren't updated.

volanis

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
hmmm well my drivers for the graphics card 'are' up to date, although GRAW material detecteion says they arent. i did suspect ram but i put them in diff slots to see if that helped. oh and please forgive me but what is RMA

crazywheels

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
I still think it is your video card. RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization. If your video card is bad you would have to get an RMA from the manufacture to return it.

TRENDING THREADS