Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NO VIdeo Card for 2 moths!,and still no hope!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share

should somebody help me??

Total: 21 votes

  • yes
  • 5 %
  • no
  • 91 %
  • why don''t help somebody else??
  • 5 %
June 16, 2007 11:29:12 PM

HY all!!I'm desperate enough to say this > does enybody have a VIDEO CARD for mee ??? imi talking about any kind of video card that is PCi express , currently i'mi stuck with a matrox 4mb video , ok it does Counter strike but 4mb just doesn;t go with my PC :(  ! i have a AMD venice 3200+ at 2,5 ghz ,300mhz Fsb,2x512 mb kingston ram at ddr466 cl2.5,abit nfroce 4 ultra,250gb seagate hdd,sony cdrom,21 inch Eizo monitor, i'll tell you something , i had a palit daytona x800gto for 2 months then i gave it to someone to enjoy some game cause he didn't have a good VC, he broke it, i don't know the details but that card is gone , he gave me a connect3d video card x1600pro 256DDR 500mhz/500mhz, now that was a big BS, and so it was that i had to sell it because i had some money problems ,and i was in a desperate need of a psu,for the PC, the old one was a junk 350 watt noname, and so my neighbor gave me this 4mb VC out o mercy , if someone would be so generous like those guys who give card because they feel thats right, pls give me a pci-e card !! , i have the time the pc to play but with this ,i barely play cs at low 800X640 rezolution and low fps .
if somebody would / could help pls do . my buget is kinda nothing . i dont have a job ,i'm 18 years old ,and i live in romania !, sorry about the image , i don't have a personal digital camera ,my friend came and took the picture about 1 month ago!! ,when petevsdrm gave away his 7900gt!!
MY PChttp://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0943em0.jp...

More about : video card moths hope

June 17, 2007 2:14:33 PM

uhhhh....you might wanna post in the "free 7800" part of the forum
June 17, 2007 2:55:02 PM

sorry i have pci-express, thats a 7800gs strictly agp
Related resources
June 17, 2007 3:18:28 PM

ehh? you gave away your x800 to a guy who already has a x1600pro so he could game? makes no sense to me
June 17, 2007 3:26:21 PM

Pretty ridiculous post if you ask me. You don't have a job.. so you come on here begging for charity for something you "want" but don't "need." You're 18, how hard can it be to get a job in Romania?
a b U Graphics card
June 17, 2007 3:29:09 PM

Lets see, you had a good video card and "gave" it to a friend who fried it.
You were able to aquire another decent card, but sold it because you needed money.
Now, you are begging for someone to send you another card for free because you can't play games very well?
You, my friend need to re-evaluate your priorities.
Get your pitiful lazy butt out from in front of the PC, and find a job.
June 17, 2007 3:29:17 PM

stop begging. if people wanna give something away they can make a thread about it, just stop being a begger.
June 17, 2007 3:31:50 PM

less time on PC and more time looking for work
June 17, 2007 3:49:18 PM

Quote:
less time on PC and more time looking for work


Work is meaningless without a college degree.

I say he should become a lawyer, cause if theres one thing we need - its more lawyers.
June 17, 2007 4:21:41 PM

i to live in that country but you are one of the many stupid people out there
get some principles in life :wink:
the story it's stupid i don't think you could get one
and if it's true just wait and buy a fx5200 like you did with that nice pc :wink:
YOU ARE LAME
if 89 comes from your birth year then you have just one more year in school
June 17, 2007 4:30:43 PM

Quote:

if 89 comes from your birth year then you have just one more year in school


Thats right.
June 17, 2007 5:58:39 PM

I didn't mea that everybody should say why this and that , yes i have 18 and i should get a job ,yes i have only 1 year of school but college is next and that my friends is gonna suck more then school !! ,and last but not least ,who cares if you don't agree ,i was just trying to make my situation bearable , i HAVE a 4MB PCI CARD ,and yes i can play games , only 1 Counter strike at low fps , but thats all ,even the movies suck !! ,so i you don't wanna help thats just fine , but i sad it in the first row of my thread , I'm desperate ! thats it , ohh and about the works, just how many of you would work for 5-7 bucks a day ??,and not 6 hours ,10 hours a day !!
June 17, 2007 6:09:14 PM

Quote:
ohh and about the works, just how many of you would work for 5-7 bucks a day ??,and not 6 hours ,10 hours a day !!

Ive always worked to get what i want, and 5-7quid will go a lot further in romania
June 17, 2007 6:12:42 PM

i hope you sicerly believe that ,cause here the prices are 1.5-3 times higher then in Germany or UK or USA
June 17, 2007 6:22:16 PM

Quote:
i hope you sicerly believe that ,cause here the prices are 1.5-3 times higher then in Germany or UK or USA

for food, alcohol and other necessities?

I do believe it, cos if you were buying a computer component you can order it from any neighbouring country, and it being so cheap in germany, wha not order it from there?

*EDIT* ok, so i priced the differences:
8800GTX ( 2.034,99 RON ) - http://www.shopmania.ro/magazin~online-placi-video~prod...
Using this site to convert to euro:
http://coinmill.com/EUR_RON.html 2.034 RON works out at 628.21 euro, no if i look at komplet.ie and sort on price - http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.aspx?bn=10488&sortBy=p&minp...
The 8800 GTX ranges in price from 522euro to 667euro

So how is it more expensive in Romania? doesnt look like that to me
June 17, 2007 6:34:23 PM

you just dont get it do you ??? , many types of online ordering dont even support costumers in romania and those who do, have some prices that are close to those here in romania ,and above all , ordering something like 2 kg or a larger box would cost like 50 $ from germany to romania ,considering that it arives in a piece , or at all,
you cant even imagine how its like in this place, i'll tell you something
my dad bought a car for 7000EU, almost his entire life savings ,he is 51 years old now ,the pc problems dont interest him ,and i've never asked for money to buy something in the pc ,he gave me once smth like 60$ ,
ok and the car has been sitting in the garage for 6and a half months now because the tax for it is something like 3000EU ,,now thats half the price of the car , just think about this example ,and apply it for all that you know ,and then you can taste the hard reality of this place !! ,ok and thats all , i'm not begging any longer ,i just had to make a shot !!
June 17, 2007 6:40:17 PM

look, i know things are tough in romania, thats not really my point though. That site i posted was a romanian site so i dont see why they wouldnt sell to romanians?
As for the postage from germany costing $50, i order from tekheads.co.uk shipping to ireland which is 35Euro, or $50

Your situation regarding your PC and GPU is really your own fault, and you replaced the PSU instead of replacing the GPU. You cant expect people to be charitable for a situation youve created yourself( its not like you got some chick pregnant and youre all living on the breadline ). I feel sorry that your on a crap GPU at the minute, but its upto you to sort it, not others to sort it for you
June 17, 2007 6:47:20 PM

ha your a joke, seriously, get a job and get a life. 4mb card pft, ive been on alot worse. You can check your email, and still chat here, your computer works, stop being a whiner and grow some balls.
June 17, 2007 6:47:39 PM

1 January 2007: Romania joined the EU.

So travel over to Germany or Sweden and work for 4 weeks
while on school break.
You should make $15/hour even if picking strawberrys.
June 17, 2007 6:50:07 PM

:) ) you do realise that i wasn't even thinking of somebody to relly help me !! ,and these online shops and the delivery are to shitty to do something with them , i will work all summer ofcurse ,the best way i can an i will get myself an x1800gtoor better even if it kills me ! yu can be sure of that ! ,one way or the other i will get something good
June 17, 2007 6:50:11 PM

Who voted yes? 8O

Quote:
:) ) you do realise that i wasn't even thinking of somebody to relly help me !! ,and these online shops and the delivery are to shitty to do something with them , i will work all summer ofcurse ,the best way i can an i will get myself an x1800gtoor better even if it kills me ! yu can be sure of that ! ,one way or the other i will get something good

Good to hear :) , ohh and dont go for an 1800gto, get an x1950pro or 8600GS/GTS
June 17, 2007 7:19:36 PM

Quote:
HY all!!I'm desperate enough to say this > does enybody have a VIDEO CARD for mee ??? imi talking about any kind of video card that is PCi express , currently i'mi stuck with a matrox 4mb video , ok it does Counter strike but 4mb just doesn;t go with my PC :(  ! i have a AMD venice 3200+ at 2,5 ghz ,300mhz Fsb,2x512 mb kingston ram at ddr466 cl2.5,abit nfroce 4 ultra,250gb seagate hdd,sony cdrom,21 inch Eizo monitor, i'll tell you something , i had a palit daytona x800gto for 2 months then i gave it to someone to enjoy some game cause he didn't have a good VC, he broke it, i don't know the details but that card is gone , he gave me a connect3d video card x1600pro 256DDR 500mhz/500mhz, now that was a big BS, and so it was that i had to sell it because i had some money problems ,and i was in a desperate need of a psu,for the PC, the old one was a junk 350 watt noname, and so my neighbor gave me this 4mb VC out o mercy , if someone would be so generous like those guys who give card because they feel thats right, pls give me a pci-e card !! , i have the time the pc to play but with this ,i barely play cs at low 800X640 rezolution and low fps .
if somebody would / could help pls do . my buget is kinda nothing . i dont have a job ,i'm 18 years old ,and i live in romania !, sorry about the image , i don't have a personal digital camera ,my friend came and took the picture about 1 month ago!! ,when petevsdrm gave away his 7900gt!!
MY PChttp://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0943em0.jp...


Ill tell you something

1)get a JOB

2) Once you have $20-30, Go to eBay Europe and find a Geforce 6200 (or anything that is pci-express (Something around $10) and pay for the shipping (which shouldnt be more than $10-12) wait until ir arrives and wala, new video card for your games.
a b U Graphics card
June 17, 2007 8:40:03 PM

1) You DO have a video card, just not a good one.

2) You say shipping to buy a card would be $50? So, you expect someone to Give you a Free card And pay $50 to ship it to you? Yeah, right.

3) Don't create posts just to beg. If you really want to beg for stuff, get a cup and sit on the street corner and ask passers by for change.
June 17, 2007 9:50:19 PM

Romania sucks man. Or sounds like it at least. I always wondered why people stayed in these sh!t countries. This is an honest question and i dont want any hastle from it, but what stops people from leaving their country? I've heard of women escaping russia by crossing active battlefields in ww2, and men in slave camps risking their lives to get to america. Lots of examples, but why the apathy? Is there some beaurocratic BS keeping you stuck there? I just want to know so i can understand the situation. I'm curious as over here in the west we dont hear much about it, as those who we can talk to already left their country. Just want to know what your perspective is.

Theres a better use of your time than to flame a guy just asking for some help. Whats the harm in offering a little empathy? I could see someone else from romania telling him to get a job, but wtf are all these people in a 1st world country getting on his case about? Havent you ever talked to someone who lived in communist russia? what about china? 7 bucks a day is less than a dollar an hour, i dont care where you live, thats sh1t for pay. Over here you get paid more than that an hour, and thats minimum wage. So get off his case, you work hard for your money, he works 7 times longer to make the same as you do in a day. If there was a point to this thread it would be that eastern europe is a sh1thole. Don't flame me as this is only directed to the flamers, not the one who gave actual advice.

The ebay suggestion is the best one, as even if someone did offer you a card the shipping would likely cost more than getting a card from ebay. You could easily get an older much better card for nearly free off ebay.
a b U Graphics card
June 17, 2007 10:06:57 PM

Wow you think you have a bad video card. Mine is an ISA card with 256K NOT MEG. I can only display 4 colors and the Monitor I have the red is broke so everything is a blue shade and Windows 2.0 locks up all the time when I play Halo or Quake 3. I get like 1 frame a week. So in about 10 years I should beat the game.
And my MTF 110 MD hard drive is full. My286 is a screaming 16 MHz But have I have a Math Coprocessor. Si Photoshop only takes about a month per picture. :D 
June 17, 2007 10:10:20 PM

lol. thats a pretty sweet 286! core2duo and everything. I don't even use the color red anyways, and wtf is a video card. I just draw the coordinates of each pixel on a piece of paper to get where i'm going. Its fun!
June 17, 2007 10:33:56 PM

Quote:
Romania sucks man. Or sounds like it at least. I always wondered why people stayed in these sh!t countries. This is an honest question and i dont want any hastle from it, but what stops people from leaving their country? I've heard of women escaping russia by crossing active battlefields in ww2, and men in slave camps risking their lives to get to america. Lots of examples


this is 2007 you cant just leave ur country without knowing where ur gonna end up.. there isnt open borders and havent been for a couple hundred years, welcome to reality.
June 17, 2007 10:34:38 PM

Quote:
Romania sucks man. Or sounds like it at least. I always wondered why people stayed in these sh!t countries. This is an honest question and i dont want any hastle from it, but what stops people from leaving their country? I've heard of women escaping russia by crossing active battlefields in ww2, and men in slave camps risking their lives to get to america. Lots of examples, but why the apathy? Is there some beaurocratic BS keeping you stuck there? I just want to know so i can understand the situation. I'm curious as over here in the west we dont hear much about it, as those who we can talk to already left their country. Just want to know what your perspective is.

Theres a better use of your time than to flame a guy just asking for some help. Whats the harm in offering a little empathy? I could see someone else from romania telling him to get a job, but wtf are all these people in a 1st world country getting on his case about? Havent you ever talked to someone who lived in communist russia? what about china? 7 bucks a day is less than a dollar an hour, i dont care where you live, thats sh1t for pay. Over here you get paid more than that an hour, and thats minimum wage. So get off his case, you work hard for your money, he works 7 times longer to make the same as you do in a day. If there was a point to this thread it would be that eastern europe is a sh1thole. Don't flame me as this is only directed to the flamers, not the one who gave actual advice.

The ebay suggestion is the best one, as even if someone did offer you a card the shipping would likely cost more than getting a card from ebay. You could easily get an older much better card for nearly free off ebay.

Romania is in the EU, its neither a 2nd or 3rd world country but it i still developing. While EU countries have placed limits on the number of immigrants its still possible to travel, and has been from any of the eastern block countries for years if you are qualified

As for pay per hour,its completely relative and dependent on the value of the money in the country, 1 quid an hour is completely fine if you can but 2 beers for it

Eastern europe is far from a shithole, there are lots of beautiful places, i was just in Bratislava 2 months ago, nice place, not much happening, but nice all the same and Prague last year( great party spot and great beer , 7 loor nightclub anyone? :)  )

And yes, i have talked to someone from the former USSR, i have a mate o mine from Slovakia

I have no problem with this thread only OP gave away his card, would you give away your card on temp load to some guy who wouldnt replace it properly after he broke it? And when you have no GPU would you replace the PSU?
June 18, 2007 5:58:54 AM

thats right . thje dorders are still triky even if we are in de EU ,and the truth is that for an hours work you cant buy a beer , i repeat ,you can't buy 1 beer, not 2 beers like you sad !
June 18, 2007 10:54:11 AM

Quote:
thats right . thje dorders are still triky even if we are in de EU ,and the truth is that for an hours work you cant buy a beer , i repeat ,you can't buy 1 beer, not 2 beers like you sad !

Well compare that to dublin where in some places its 6Euro a beer, or $8 and youre pretty much talking the same, although minimum wage is 8euro i think. Anyway everythings relative as i said, if i go to the UK a beer will cost me over 6euro in places simply because of the exchange rate
June 18, 2007 9:47:42 PM

Go sell drugs. :D 
!