scottoliver

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
Another client would like the publics information on a new pc, this client is willing to spend around $2500 usa dollars

He doesn't need a monitor and like most people doesn't want to spend money on anything he doesn't need. This PC is for future reasons. The client does not want to have to keep upgrading. He would like to keep it good. Preferably not over clocking. But will.

So far it's looking like this:

Case: Antec P180 vs 900

PSU: Antec Truepower Trio 650W

Mobo: Gigabyte P35 DQ6 vs Asus P5K Deluxe

CPU: Intel Q6600

VGA: 8800GTX vs 2900XT: Crossfire purposes the mobo isnt SLI compliant

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8500 1066mhz

HDD: Western Digital 500GB 500YS

Optical Drive: Lite On 20x lightscribe

Sound card: X-FI FATAL1TY Gaming/Audio: Any suggestions on cards

Thermal Compound: Artic Silver 5

My client would like to know, which video card, should he stick with the 2900XT and be able to upgrade to crossfire or should he just simply buy a 8800GTX and be able to upgrade to a physx card if can.

Info and opinions, thanks

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
How can you possibly design a system for a client without first assessing their needs? The requirements for AutoCad are much different than the requirements for general accounting.

And do your clients know that you come to a HW forum for help? Personally if I was the client, I'd cut out the middleman and just ask myself....

scottoliver

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
this is for my dads business, he runs a multi software business, which encourages computer training etc. im simply showing them forums, faq, polls etc. im just using this forum as an example and at the same time asking people to rate there new computer choices. killing to birds with one stone.

but i can see where your coming from

back onto the topic.

info and ideas please.

thanks