Guna74

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
I had 1 x Kingston 512mb DDR 400mhz in my PC and bought another 512mb chip off ebay, exactly the same.

Well, OMFG, did I have problems with that. Every program I ran crashed. I formatted my HD 5 times wondering wtf I was installing each time to cause the crashes.

I finally worked out that it was a crook RAM chip!!! :x

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a common thing?

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Happened to me once.. Windows was totally screwed up and I got the BSOD that told me it was the RAM.
So I took out the RAM, re-installed Windows and put the RAM back in and now its working fine.

Program crashing something different though, and if you dont get the blue screen of death, well..

Best bet is to return it. Or try re-installing Windows. Also, why reformat your HDD? Thats hardly ever the culprit.

Guna74

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
RAM from ebay? Why would you do somthing like that and then complain about it on THG?? :roll: :idea: :roll:

Dont bloody roll your eyes at me. We're not all smart asses you know.

And why can't I complain about it here? Are you all fu<ken whizz bang computer nerds and an average jo can't have an opinion on things?

I just wanted some opinions. Thanks for being an arsehole on my first ever post here. You can all fu<ken go to hell

kissmy.gif
upyours.gif

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
i bought some corsair xms paired ram (2x512mb) which died after about a year. Posted to the us under the lifetime warranty and two shiny new sticks were sent back to me promptly (to the uk).

Three cheers for corsair! :lol:

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
RAM from ebay? Why would you do somthing like that and then complain about it on THG?? :roll: :idea: :roll:

Dont bloody roll your eyes at me. We're not all smart asses you know.

And why can't I complain about it here? Are you all fu<ken whizz bang computer nerds and an average jo can't have an opinion on things?

I just wanted some opinions. Thanks for being an arsehole on my first ever post here. You can all fu<ken go to hell

kissmy.gif
upyours.gif

Respect!