Font load failure

My son uninstalled a game (Battlefield 1942) and performed diisk clean up.
Since, everything on my desktop presents the symbals from what I think is
Martlett font. I can reinstall fonts but as soon as I close the file all
reinstalled fonts vanish. I have scanned and scanned and re-scanned for
viruses, spyware etc and all reports are clean. I am at my wits end here. ANy
hints tips or smart advice will be gratly appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about font load failure

    "Trish Schramm" <TrishSchramm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My son uninstalled a game (Battlefield 1942) and performed diisk clean up.
    >Since, everything on my desktop presents the symbals from what I think is
    >Martlett font. I can reinstall fonts but as soon as I close the file all
    >reinstalled fonts vanish. I have scanned and scanned and re-scanned for
    >viruses, spyware etc and all reports are clean. I am at my wits end here. ANy
    >hints tips or smart advice will be gratly appreciated.

    See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    Forgot to mention, I tried System Restore to no avail. System restare says no
    changes have been made to my computer.

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "Trish Schramm" <TrishSchramm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >My son uninstalled a game (Battlefield 1942) and performed diisk clean up.
    > >Since, everything on my desktop presents the symbals from what I think is
    > >Martlett font. I can reinstall fonts but as soon as I close the file all
    > >reinstalled fonts vanish. I have scanned and scanned and re-scanned for
    > >viruses, spyware etc and all reports are clean. I am at my wits end here. ANy
    > >hints tips or smart advice will be gratly appreciated.
    >
    > See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    > Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).
    >
    > --
    > (tm)
    > ICQ: 192649233

    Uninstall the game?
    ...and then reinstall the fonts?

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    "Trish Schramm" <TrishSchramm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Forgot to mention, I tried System Restore to no avail. System restare says
    > no
    > changes have been made to my computer.
    >
    > "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:
    >
    >> "Trish Schramm" <TrishSchramm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My son uninstalled a game (Battlefield 1942) and performed diisk clean
    >> >up.
    >> >Since, everything on my desktop presents the symbals from what I think
    >> >is
    >> >Martlett font. I can reinstall fonts but as soon as I close the file all
    >> >reinstalled fonts vanish. I have scanned and scanned and re-scanned for
    >> >viruses, spyware etc and all reports are clean. I am at my wits end
    >> >here. ANy
    >> >hints tips or smart advice will be gratly appreciated.
    >>
    >> See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    >> Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).
    >>
    >> --
    >> (tm)
    >> ICQ: 192649233