Removing previously-used shortcuts

Over time, I have installed and removed a good number of applications and
utilities that had placed shortcut icons in my taskbar. The list of
shortcuts in Taskbar > properties > "Customize" now contains many more
previously-used icons than those that are presently used. I would like to
purge the menu of the unused shortcuts or at least prevent it from
displaying the list of shortcuts that are ancient history.

Is there a simple method to accomplish this?

Delete them from the registry

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q283084

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message
> Over time, I have installed and removed a good number of applications and
> utilities that had placed shortcut icons in my taskbar. The list of
> shortcuts in Taskbar > properties > "Customize" now contains many more
> previously-used icons than those that are presently used. I would like to
> purge the menu of the unused shortcuts or at least prevent it from
> displaying the list of shortcuts that are ancient history.
>
> Is there a simple method to accomplish this?

Thank you. That worked quite nicely!