Removing previously-used shortcuts

Over time, I have installed and removed a good number of applications and
utilities that had placed shortcut icons in my taskbar. The list of
shortcuts in Taskbar > properties > "Customize" now contains many more
previously-used icons than those that are presently used. I would like to
purge the menu of the unused shortcuts or at least prevent it from
displaying the list of shortcuts that are ancient history.

Is there a simple method to accomplish this?
2 answers Last reply
More about removing previously used shortcuts

    Delete them from the registry

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q283084

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message
    > Over time, I have installed and removed a good number of applications and
    > utilities that had placed shortcut icons in my taskbar. The list of
    > shortcuts in Taskbar > properties > "Customize" now contains many more
    > previously-used icons than those that are presently used. I would like to
    > purge the menu of the unused shortcuts or at least prevent it from
    > displaying the list of shortcuts that are ancient history.
    >
    > Is there a simple method to accomplish this?

    Thank you. That worked quite nicely!

    "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    > Delete them from the registry
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q283084
    >
    > Regards
    > Mark Dormer
    >
    > "Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message
    >> Over time, I have installed and removed a good number of applications and
    >> utilities that had placed shortcut icons in my taskbar. The list of
    >> shortcuts in Taskbar > properties > "Customize" now contains many more
    >> previously-used icons than those that are presently used. I would like to
    >> purge the menu of the unused shortcuts or at least prevent it from
    >> displaying the list of shortcuts that are ancient history.
    >>
    >> Is there a simple method to accomplish this?

Taskbar Icons Windows XP