Furonem

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
http://partlist.notlong.com/

Any and all comments and suggestions are welcomed, however if you disagree with a selection please explain what you would get instead and why. I am planning on overclocking, probably to around 3.6Ghz. (I have never done so before and I know it's a pretty steep overclock for a beginner, but I've been reading a lot about it and learn fast.)

I am a little unsure on the CPU cooler, as I was originally going to get an Ultra-120. However, they are now up to $60 (at Newegg) and, with the cost of a fan, are getting pretty expensive.

The one area where I am lost is definitely the case. The Antec LifeStyle SONATA II has a nice rebate so I was considering that, along with the Cooler Master Centurion 5, which I've heard is a great budget case. I don't want to spend too much on a case, definitely not more than $100. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Lastly, both the EVGA and XFX 8800GTS are going for $260. I am currently going with the XFX because it is pre-overclocked, but if anyone believes I should go with one brand over the other, do say.

And one more thing: I am going to need an optical drive. (And a floppy drive would be nice too.) I don't know anything about these, so recommendations would be nice. (I know LITE-ON makes nice drives, so I'd probably like to go with them.)

Thanks for any and all help and advice. It is appreciated.