Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Removing total security

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 29, 2009 8:00:22 PM

removing total secutiry from a pc
September 29, 2009 8:01:40 PM

Can I ask why before answering you??
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 29, 2009 8:04:27 PM

Keiki646 said:
Can I ask why before answering you??


it is screwing around with my internet block every site after a while and is a trail version so i can not uninstall
Related resources
September 29, 2009 8:10:07 PM

Well to be honest with you it's not a good idea
but it just might be something so easy in control panel

start
control panel
Internet Options
Privacy (set it to medium) then apply
then Security in Internet Options and also set that to medium-high
then apply

see how does that work
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 29, 2009 8:13:21 PM

all setting are as you suggested,still the same.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 29, 2009 8:15:52 PM

Keiki646 said:
Well to be honest with you it's not a good idea
but it just might be something so easy in control panel

start
control panel
Internet Options
Privacy (set it to medium) then apply
then Security in Internet Options and also set that to medium-high
then apply

see how does that work


all setting are as you suggested,still the same.
September 29, 2009 8:21:41 PM

Another question then, it this software a 3rd party??? and where did you get it, The only thing I can think of is removing the software is a iolo.com

I use it alot and it's like a 3rd party spyware software like the one you have...

Government officials use it and so do developers and gamers


www.iolo.com/downloads

look for system mechanic 9 and they have free 30 day trial
this software can remove any install program that you don't want in your RIG for good and at the same time defrag it .

it also clean and boost your PC..
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 29, 2009 9:01:06 PM

Total Security is malware. Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
September 29, 2009 9:11:33 PM

Quote:
Total Security is malware. Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.



Do you think he need to fix his settings, within the software?? I know he can but I never use that software before and now I know to stay away from it
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 29, 2009 9:16:01 PM

What settings within what software? Are you a shill for System Mechanic?
September 29, 2009 9:32:08 PM

Quote:
What settings within what software? Are you a shill for System Mechanic?



Hmm No, and why do you call me a shill? I understand what that word means and I am not a person that pretends either.
if you don't mind, I'm just trying to help and ask questions,

So what I wanted to say was, maybe while he was installing it, he set the internet settings on high,
I know some anti-virus software do have settings, Like the one I have.
You never know but what he is trying to do is uninstall the program but it's not uninstalling.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 29, 2009 9:52:11 PM

Seems like your answer for any computer problem is to use System Mechanic. I tried it and am not impressed.

I don't know how much you work on computers but I do it every day since I have my own computer service business. Mal-ware is not something you install on your computer. It installs itself and is difficult to remove. I just cleaned Total Security 2009 off 2 computers in the last 3 days. I ended up removing the hard drives and connecting them to my laptop and manually deleting the malicious files.
September 29, 2009 10:09:18 PM

Quote:
Seems like your answer for any computer problem is to use System Mechanic. I tried it and am not impressed.

I don't know how much you work on computers but I do it every day since I have my own computer service business. Mal-ware is not something you install on your computer. It installs itself and is difficult to remove. I just cleaned Total Security 2009 off 2 computers in the last 3 days. I ended up removing the hard drives and connecting them to my laptop and manually deleting the malicious files.



And that is why I said before that I'd know now to stay away from such troublesome 3rd parties. Also I wasn't aware that it can self installs . To be honest I never hear of it until now. Yes I do work on computers from time to time but I also have job and a child to attend to. It would be nice to own a computer business to think about it. But I'm sorry if you're not impressed with System Mechanic 9 and I can understand how you might feel about it. Since I am home and just playing video games with my daughter, I would try to help someone on Toms hardware since I have login in a year since July 2008. That is what I do, psychology in Asian mental health.
!