Sign in with
Your question

HELP 8800 GTS URGENT!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 17, 2007 5:15:19 PM

Sys specs: Int Pentium 4 3.2ghz, Asus p5ne-sli, 2gigs ramm 533mhz, 8800gts 320.
Hi, im very concerned about the performance of my new 8800 gts. Firts, I got new motherboard and card, I formated my drive and installed win xp pro. I installed motherboard driver, but when I tried to install my 8800 drivers I got an error message (Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS has not passed the compatibitily test for win xp. If you continue with the installation this software can create problems or malfunctions in your system immediately or in future. Microsoft recomends to abort installation...) This comes out every time I try to install the drivers, so I clicked on continue installation. I then installed Dark Messiah but I couldnt play happily even in med graphics and at lowest res. Framerates were between 12 and 20. I used 3DMark05 (limited version). All settings were at default (res at 1024x no AA ...) The result gave me 8214 points.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY GOT WITH THEIR 8800 GTS ON 3DMARK05?

BTW I already tried downloading the drivers from nvidia web: just as crap

More about : 8800 gts urgent

June 17, 2007 5:55:32 PM

Hi, is that board (p5ne-sli) the one with a card to select SLI? If so, there was this other guy who had a similar problem where his PCI-e speed was stuck at either 1 or max. 8 instead of the usual 16.I don't know if he ever fixed it but it would atleast give you a starting point for troubleshooting. Download Cpu-z and look at the section 'mainboard' to see what it is running at. Your CPU could be (probably is) lowering you 3dmark score, but in games you should not be suffering so much. As for the WHQL warning... don't worry about it, I've installed many non-certified drivers and they never gave me any trouble. Just make sure you got them from nvidia and you should be safe.

GL.
June 17, 2007 6:20:25 PM

your cpu is bottlenecking the video card, get a better chip
June 17, 2007 6:53:57 PM

Quote:
your cpu is bottlenecking the video card, get a better chip

ram and cpu bottleneck
i had almost 12k with my set up
and 8k with 3dmark 06
!