desk top tray icon

I am a new XP user. On windows 98 I had a nice desk top icon on the tray next
to my Start button that I could use to display the desk top when it was
hidden by windows on the screen. How do I do that in xp?
3 answers Last reply
More about desk tray icon

    zeke wrote:
    > I am a new XP user. On windows 98 I had a nice desk top icon on the tray next
    > to my Start button that I could use to display the desk top when it was
    > hidden by windows on the screen. How do I do that in xp?

    Have you enabled the Quick Launch area of your Taskbar? (Right-click
    the Taskbar > Properties > Show Quick Launch. You may also have to
    unlock the Taskbar.) That's where the "Show Desktop" normally icon appears.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    No I had not done that and it works now... thanks

    zeke wrote:
    > No I had not done that and it works now... thanks

    You're welcome.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: