desk top tray icon

June 11, 2005 1:04:01 PM

I am a new XP user. On windows 98 I had a nice desk top icon on the tray next
to my Start button that I could use to display the desk top when it was
hidden by windows on the screen. How do I do that in xp?

More about : desk top tray icon

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 2:28:15 PM

zeke wrote:
> I am a new XP user. On windows 98 I had a nice desk top icon on the tray next
> to my Start button that I could use to display the desk top when it was
> hidden by windows on the screen. How do I do that in xp?

Have you enabled the Quick Launch area of your Taskbar? (Right-click
the Taskbar > Properties > Show Quick Launch. You may also have to
unlock the Taskbar.) That's where the "Show Desktop" normally icon appears.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
June 11, 2005 2:28:16 PM

No I had not done that and it works now... thanks

!