bhtechmech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hello,
so i downloaded driver detective (i know) and when i updated my USB drivers it did something wacky and now i get a notice saying that my devices (iphone, thumb drive, portable HDD) when plugged into any of my six physical ports (specs say 8 ports all 2.0) that they could go faster and if i click on the notice i get this
photo.php

So i went into Device Manager and i have this
photo.php

The bottom says 2.0? but only the top one as far as disabling drivers effects anything. I can't roll back, ive uninstalled but they keep reinstalling. Ive tried reinstalling SP3 of XP no luck, I ve tried reinstalling the MOBO update though i think that it doesn't contain those drivers but i tried anyways. Next i can attept bios flash never done one or if it will work. HELP how do i get it to normal again.

I hope those links work...the ablum is open to everyone too.
So if you want i can upload more just help please

show_oc.php
[/url][/img]

Solution
You can use system restore in safe mode. That's the method I always use to use restore points. The restore points will also roll back service pack downloads. It wouldn't uninstall programs that you've downloaded, such as MS office. It would've fixed your issue as well.

bhtechmech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

bhtechmech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
So i don't want to try that because im guessing its the return to last known good config and well ive had this issue for a few weeks and a few installs and downloads MS Office being one and im not sure i want to restore to the point when i didn't and have to use my other registration code. And if it isn't tell me what you mean cause system restore don't work in Safe Mode as you know and i didn't but now do. That title newcomer also translates to newb in the geek world.
Can someone just tell me how to erase and replace the darn .sys file or something hardcore? link it write it.
And update on what i tried :
uninstalled SP3 then I reinstalled SP2 = nothin cept i think it fixed another kink i had with backround programs

bhtechmech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
What seems to have fixed my issue was uninstalling SP3 then reinstalling SP2 and not reinstalling SP3 again. I did it once after the issue went away and then it came right back. What a world.

You can use system restore in safe mode. That's the method I always use to use restore points. The restore points will also roll back service pack downloads. It wouldn't uninstall programs that you've downloaded, such as MS office. It would've fixed your issue as well.

Solution

bhtechmech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
What I did that seems to have fixed the issue was uninstall SP3 Windows XP, then not reinstall it. I just then let automatic updates download all the security updates and patches on their own rather than download and install SP3. Anyways I'm ready to buy Windows 7, XP is outdated and Vista sucks power. That's my final answer.