Setting up DSL Network

master_andalf

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
SO, finally after long years of waiting DSL is finally ordered and its turned on today...

I can get the connection to work if i direct connect it to ethernet ports on my computers, but i cannot make it run through my wireless router (Trendnet 54 Mbps)... i have tried the troubleshooting disk, google, and friends who know a lot more about networking than i do, and nobody can seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any help

akhilles

Splendid
Uninstall your DSL software on the PC(s), set your NIC to DHCP in Control Panel\Network Connections, set up your router with your DSL id & password. In short, your pc is now in a LAN.

[MODEM]---[ROUTER]===[LAN/PCs]

ip-tcpip-props.gif

If that doesn't work, uninstall your NIC driver in device manager, restart pc, install its driver, double-check the TCP/IP props. If that doesn't work, START, RUN, CMD, enter these:

ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Restart PC. You can also look at the router manual for how to set up. It may be a PDF file from their website.

G

how dp i set my dsl network up, i need help?! how did you get yours to work? can u help meh?:bounce: :love: :kaola: :hello: email me at this email address to give me directions ronicathompson@ymail.com thankx

G

Suggest you make sure;

a) that wireless is turned ON in both router and computer (especially if laptop where there's usually a hardware switch on the case).

b) That until you establish a reliable connection all wireless security is turned off and firewall in the computer disabled.