draft folder

I just started using OE for my mail after Eudora died on me for no
explainable reason. I am getting used to it but can't find out what the
draft folder is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

Compose an e-mail. Rather than click Send go to File->Save. The e-mail will
be sent to the Drafts folder where you can work on it later before sending.
To send from the Drafts folder you will need to double click the message to
open it then you can click the Send button.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I just started using OE for my mail after Eudora died on me for no
>explainable reason. I am getting used to it but can't find out what the
>draft folder is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

To save a work in progress - something you've written but are not ready to
send yet. Perhaps you want to edit it, or add something later before
sending.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I just started using OE for my mail after Eudora died on me for no
>explainable reason. I am getting used to it but can't find out what the
>draft folder is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks loads, Rick. I feel better now that I know what it is for. Thanks
again for the speedy response.
Claire

> To save a work in progress - something you've written but are not ready to
> send yet. Perhaps you want to edit it, or add something later before
> sending.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I just started using OE for my mail after Eudora died on me for no
>>explainable reason. I am getting used to it but can't find out what the
>>draft folder is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

Hi Claire, If you go to file, in your message, then save.. it will save
your email to the draft folder.. "save as" will save it as eml.. Rainy
"Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I just started using OE for my mail after Eudora died on me for no
>explainable reason. I am getting used to it but can't find out what the
>draft folder is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

curt

Your message will be saved to the drafts folder also by clicking the 'X' to
close it. You will be asked if you want to save the changes.....click yes,
and off it goes to the drafts folder.

--
Curt,

'The way is open to those who would see'
"Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
> Hi Claire, If you go to file, in your message, then save.. it will save
> your email to the draft folder.. "save as" will save it as eml.. Rainy
> "Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I just started using OE for my mail after Eudora died on me for no
>>explainable reason. I am getting used to it but can't find out what the
>>draft folder is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks to all of you for your help.
Claire

"Curt" <no-no@notime.com> wrote in message
> Your message will be saved to the drafts folder also by clicking the 'X'
> to close it. You will be asked if you want to save the changes.....click
> yes, and off it goes to the drafts folder.
>
> --
> Curt,
>
> 'The way is open to those who would see'
> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
>> Hi Claire, If you go to file, in your message, then save.. it will save
>> your email to the draft folder.. "save as" will save it as eml.. Rainy
>> "Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>I just started using OE for my mail after Eudora died on me for no
>>>explainable reason. I am getting used to it but can't find out what the
>>>draft folder is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

Malke