charlie45

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
hi, every time i insert a DVD into my computer, i try and double click on the drive, but an error comes up saying

"D:\
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing these actions. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."

what do i do?

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
As a matter of fact, when you insert it, "right click" on the D drive icon, and select "Open With" and then select your playback software from the list given.

Also, select on the bottom of that window "always open with this program"

Hope this helps.

charlie45

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009

it opens when i AutoPlay, and it pops up, but i still cant double click on it, it keeps saying the error.. i mean its no big deal, but i wanna double click, right clicking to make a program play it is disgusting

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^^ Aww, that looks like it could be a OS bug. That used to happen to me alot on Windows XP Home. Like, 1 or 2 years down of useage, would start with these annoying bugs and glitches. Useally a fresh install will fix it, along with any other problem you may have.

But there are also ways around it. As I said, it looks like your OS is coming to the end of its life span, an needs a reinstall.

charlie45

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
Alright, thanks you all for the help, especially godbrother.

I should reformat soon, it's been slacking and crashing awhile now anyways

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

No problem, glad I could help. :)