Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba, Satellite Recovery Disk

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 12, 2010 7:08:46 PM

Hi , i have a laptop satellite U400 , come with vista home premiun 32 bit , and i up grade to vista Ultimate 64 bit , don't work very well , because boths (32bit and 64bit) are mixed and i have trouble to open many applications and when i start my laptop as well , i try to recovery to previous one but is not working and i lost my recovery disk , i will appreciate any help , thanx u..
February 12, 2010 9:33:42 PM

antonluis said:
Hi , i have a laptop satellite U400 , come with vista home premiun 32 bit , and i up grade to vista Ultimate 64 bit , don't work very well , because boths (32bit and 64bit) are mixed and i have trouble to open many applications and when i start my laptop as well , i try to recovery to previous one but is not working and i lost my recovery disk , i will appreciate any help , thanx u..

There is no chance the Vista 32bit and 64bit operating systems are 'mixed'. The problem is user error. Contact Toshiba nd purchase a recovery disk. Should be maybe $16

Related resources
February 13, 2010 11:08:45 AM

antonluis said:

There is no upgrade path from 32bit Vista to 64bit Vista of any kind, so how could you possibly have done what you say you did?

Could you please explain what you actually did to get in the situation you're in?

And what is the actual Vista 64bit version you have in your possession, is it an upgrade disk, OEM full Install, or Retail Box?

If it was an Upgrade disk, it should have informed you there was no 32 to 64bit upgrade path and aborted the installation.

Quote:
and i lost my recovery disk

It didn't occur to you that was a very important thing to keep track of?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 18, 2010 7:08:13 PM

May 18, 2010 7:15:50 PM

Quote:

Read the thread you have posted in. When you wiped Vista 32 and installed Vista 64 there is no chance the two OS's becoming 'mixed' as a result. You need to install Vista 64 bit system and hardware drivers after installing Vista 64. Vista 32 bit drivers will not work with the 64 bit operating system.
!