James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
using Protocol 66.

What gives?
What is the procedure to play the older proto?

Thanks,

Jim

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

James wrote:

> What gives?
> What is the procedure to play the older proto?

A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:57 -0800, sittingduck
<spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

>James wrote:
>
>> What gives?
>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>>

>A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
>older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32

I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

Jim

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

James wrote:

> I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

Go get the point release that corresponds to 66. probably 1.30.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:40:19 -0500, James <Seawolf120@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:57 -0800, sittingduck
><spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>
>>James wrote:
>>
>>> What gives?
>>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>>>

>>A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
>>older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32
>
>I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

Use prog called seismovision this will allow you to swap between
patches 1.30 is proto 66 , 1.31 is proto 67 and 1.32 is proto 68

Download it from here :

http://planetquake3.net/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=2046

"James" <Seawolf120@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
> using Protocol 66.
>
> What gives?
> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
Hi,
Go get Seismovision 2 then use that to switch between protocols.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

James wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
> using Protocol 66.
>
> What gives?
> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Just follow this to use ASE to auto connect using the right q3.exe files for
each protocol to 130(66),131(67) and 132(68) servers
http://www.clanuqu.plus.com/ase/

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:50:49 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.com> wrote:

>James wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
>> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
>> using Protocol 66.
>>
>> What gives?
>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jim
>
>Just follow this to use ASE to auto connect using the right q3.exe files for
>each protocol to 130(66),131(67) and 132(68) servers
>http://www.clanuqu.plus.com/ase/

Very Cool.
Thanks much for the instructions.

Jim

for get all the other procol swtichers...heres by far the best of them all
and is as easy as pie to use
http://gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=143

go fourth