Protocol 66

Hi,

Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
using Protocol 66.

What gives?
What is the procedure to play the older proto?

Thanks,

Jim
8 answers Last reply
More about protocol

    James wrote:

    > What gives?
    > What is the procedure to play the older proto?

    A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
    older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:57 -0800, sittingduck
    <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

    >James wrote:
    >
    >> What gives?
    >> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
    >>

    >A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
    >older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32

    I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

    Jim

    James wrote:

    > I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

    Go get the point release that corresponds to 66. probably 1.30.

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:40:19 -0500, James <Seawolf120@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:57 -0800, sittingduck
    ><spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
    >
    >>James wrote:
    >>
    >>> What gives?
    >>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
    >>>

    >>A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
    >>older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32
    >
    >I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

    Use prog called seismovision this will allow you to swap between
    patches 1.30 is proto 66 , 1.31 is proto 67 and 1.32 is proto 68

    Download it from here :

    http://planetquake3.net/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=2046

    "James" <Seawolf120@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
    > After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
    > using Protocol 66.
    >
    > What gives?
    > What is the procedure to play the older proto?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jim
    Hi,
    Go get Seismovision 2 then use that to switch between protocols.

    James wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
    > After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
    > using Protocol 66.
    >
    > What gives?
    > What is the procedure to play the older proto?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jim

    Just follow this to use ASE to auto connect using the right q3.exe files for
    each protocol to 130(66),131(67) and 132(68) servers
    http://www.clanuqu.plus.com/ase/

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:50:49 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.com> wrote:

    >James wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
    >> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
    >> using Protocol 66.
    >>
    >> What gives?
    >> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Jim
    >
    >Just follow this to use ASE to auto connect using the right q3.exe files for
    >each protocol to 130(66),131(67) and 132(68) servers
    >http://www.clanuqu.plus.com/ase/

    Very Cool.
    Thanks much for the instructions.

    Jim

    for get all the other procol swtichers...heres by far the best of them all
    and is as easy as pie to use
    http://gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=143

    go fourth

    > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:50:49 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >>James wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
    >>> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
    >>> using Protocol 66.
    >>>
    >>> What gives?
    >>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Jim
    >>
    >>Just follow this to use ASE to auto connect using the right q3.exe files
    >>for
    >>each protocol to 130(66),131(67) and 132(68) servers
    >>http://www.clanuqu.plus.com/ase/
    >>

    > Very Cool.
    > Thanks much for the instructions.
    >
    > Jim