Protocol 66

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 11, 2005 10:44:21 PM

Hi,

Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
using Protocol 66.

What gives?
What is the procedure to play the older proto?

Thanks,

Jim

More about : protocol

January 11, 2005 10:44:22 PM

James wrote:

> What gives?
> What is the procedure to play the older proto?

A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32
January 12, 2005 12:40:19 AM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:57 -0800, sittingduck
<spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

>James wrote:
>
>> What gives?
>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>>

>A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
>older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32

I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

Jim
Related resources
January 12, 2005 12:58:01 AM

James wrote:

> I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

Go get the point release that corresponds to 66. probably 1.30.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 12:53:04 PM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:40:19 -0500, James <Seawolf120@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:57 -0800, sittingduck
><spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>
>>James wrote:
>>
>>> What gives?
>>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>>>

>>A protocol message is directly related to the point release. Older protocol =
>>older point release. I believe 66 is PR 1.32
>
>I should have 1.32 installed, I can play Protocol 68, but not 66.

Use prog called seismovision this will allow you to swap between
patches 1.30 is proto 66 , 1.31 is proto 67 and 1.32 is proto 68

Download it from here :

http://planetquake3.net/download.php?op=viewdownloaddet...
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:02:44 PM

"James" <Seawolf120@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
> using Protocol 66.
>
> What gives?
> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
Hi,
Go get Seismovision 2 then use that to switch between protocols.
January 12, 2005 6:50:49 PM

James wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
> using Protocol 66.
>
> What gives?
> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Just follow this to use ASE to auto connect using the right q3.exe files for
each protocol to 130(66),131(67) and 132(68) servers
http://www.clanuqu.plus.com/ase/
January 14, 2005 1:25:33 AM

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:50:49 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.com> wrote:

>James wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just upgraded to a new computer and thought I'd re-visit Quake 3.
>> After loading Seeing Eye, I notice that most of the good sites are
>> using Protocol 66.
>>
>> What gives?
>> What is the procedure to play the older proto?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jim
>
>Just follow this to use ASE to auto connect using the right q3.exe files for
>each protocol to 130(66),131(67) and 132(68) servers
>http://www.clanuqu.plus.com/ase/

Very Cool.
Thanks much for the instructions.

Jim
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 8:09:42 PM

for get all the other procol swtichers...heres by far the best of them all
and is as easy as pie to use
http://gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=News&file=articl...

go fourth

!