Keyboard problem - no multiple key strokes

June 12, 2005 10:03:05 AM

When striking a key, it only shows it ones even if I hold down the key for
several seconds.
Example : When i type 'www', I have to wait several seconds after each key
stroke to get the next 'W'.
same problem with all keys of the keyboard.
And same problem if using another keyboard.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:10:07 PM

This is controlled by the typematic delay setting in the BIOS on most
motherboards.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
"Rene Laermans" <Rene Laermans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When striking a key, it only shows it ones even if I hold down the key for
> several seconds.
> Example : When i type 'www', I have to wait several seconds after each key
> stroke to get the next 'W'.
> same problem with all keys of the keyboard.
> And same problem if using another keyboard.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:30:35 PM

Rene

Rather than go into BIOS as already suggested. go to Control Panel -
Keyboard and adjust the repeat rate there..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Rene Laermans" <Rene Laermans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When striking a key, it only shows it ones even if I hold down the key for
> several seconds.
> Example : When i type 'www', I have to wait several seconds after each key
> stroke to get the next 'W'.
> same problem with all keys of the keyboard.
> And same problem if using another keyboard.
September 12, 2012 3:56:25 AM

Windows 7, search for Ease of Access. A filter key probably got turned on when the right shift button got held down for 8 seconds. Happened to me because of the kids. I bet you have kids and/or a messy desk.

Quote:

!