Jie

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Ugh just got this for the first time on my Fatal1ty F-I90HD. Need some major help please. I have no clue how to fix this. I have taken most components out and still can't get the BIOS to post. I have reset the CMOS and battery.

Any thoughts??

Jie

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
BUFF!

Your all over man! I've tried it all. I posted a reply on the Abit forums. I disconnected all perohpeals, reset CMOS/Battery and have tried a BIOS recovery tool. I think I'm in trouble here :( .

It seeks for the A drive and then just says "System Error. System Halt"

I've never seen this stuff before lol. I think I had a bad flash, but for some reason I'm having trouble recovering from it.

Thanks again for the help!!

When you say "reset the battery", does that mean you replaced it entirely or just pulled it out and stuck it back in when clearing the CMOS? Reason I ask, is you may want to think about replacing the battery altogether, even if just as just part of the process of elimination.

Also, check your boot sequence BIOS settings, specifically the halt errors, it's easy to overlook the "Halt on All Errors" setting. Also check the boot devices and boot order, verify/change the boot order to make the hard drive the 1st bot device, or maybe even disable the floppy seek especially if it seeks the "A" drive and then gives the error.

It could be a bad BIOS flash. You can try re-flashing the BIOS to an older version and see how the machine works. If the older BIOS version takes and the machine works fine, try flashing with the latest BIOS version and see if you get the same problems.

Jie

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Hmm...I didn't think about replacing the baterry, but will give that a chance too.

I actually can't even get into the BIOS to change any settings. The checksum error comes up prior to the Abit logo and then halts there. I've tried everything to get a round it, but it's not being very cooperative.

I don't have a floppy drive, but will try an get one today and see if I can flash to an old BIOS.

Thanks again for the replies! Fingers crossed.