Unable To Locate Component .dll Error??????

me13245

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Hey guys, I'm having some problems with my XP pro Dell computer. Recently my brother downloaded some songs off of Limewire ( I know it's really bad). I have AVG free installed and it detected multiple viruses as mshypiw.dll I prompted to remove them, and it warned my system may become unstable or crash, I still clicked to remove them and after a re-boot my computer opened up to an error.

winlogon.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application failed to start because mshypiw.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

After I click OK it gives me the same error over and over again for different .exe files. Ex: lsass.exe, Services.exe

It Then opens the logon to windows screen and I can login as normal.

Then it gives me many more of the same errors, which if I enter through all of them, I can eventually get to the desktop. Then, if I try to run any program I get more of this same error, depending on which program I try to open, some will open and some will not.

I have googled for this error for hours on end and can't find an answer. I did find this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114. Which seams to relate to my problem but the file framedyn.dll is not in my dllcache folder and I cannot get to my System setteing because of this error.

Any help is gladly appreciated, Thanks
~Cam

me13245

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I downloaded and installed as you said, and the program did find and remove a bad reg key and a trojan folder, but did not solve the problem. Any other ideas?