Sign in with
Your question

Newegg search lists "from 89.99" and then I can't buy it for that...??

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
July 31, 2012 8:10:44 AM

So the Newegg chat proved useless I kept getting stupid copied responses about price matching and 'real-time' pricing...

Issue I'm having:

I search and see an item listed "from $XX.XX" price usually "from multiple sellers" but when I click the item, BAM the price goes up and I cannot find any seller including newegg with the initial search result listed price.

Example, searching for an SSD I do this search, see the top listing for a drive at $89.99:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Click it, and see the price go up to $119. What am I missing? Is this a possible future price? Bait and switch? :heink:  :pfff: 
July 31, 2012 3:47:47 PM

clicked your link. none show up at $89.99 when i sort by price. the lowest was around $95.

are you sure that the item you clicked does not have a $30 mail in rebate? the total price for the item would be $120 but will drop down to $90 when you get the rebate check. certain sections of the site may not reflect this rebate or instant rebates.
July 31, 2012 10:05:27 PM

The link I posted has now changed, I think my messages to newegg made them fix an error. now their server is down...go figure!

I'll try to find another example I didn't personally ask about to newegg. Maybe it was just in transition during price changes. JDFan that unit you linked looks different.

Might just be a fluke but I saw it on a few items, I'll post again when their servers are up again.
!