This is a common problem in Vista, and can occur when either an earlier
than v7.0 version of Nero or DivX software is installed.
The quickest way to fix this, rather than renaming Nero's .AX files and
disabling Nero Showtime, is to do the following:
1. Right-click on Computer, and choose Properties, Right click on
Computer, and choose Properties
2. Click on Advanced System Settings, and then under Advanced, click
3. Select the “Data Execution Protection” tab, and then click “Turn on
DEP for all programs and services except those I select”
4. Click on the Add button, and then browse to
5. Click on Open, and then on OK.
Issue should get resolved...I tried once and got resolved.
U get the screen shot with the instruction in the following website >>>>http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fix-for-com-surrogate-has-stopped-working-error-in-vista/