Power supply for 8800GTS system

bozza2k6

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
Hey guys, I've got a system currently running on an 8800GTS. The PSU 101 says that power requirements have jumped since these new DX10 cards came out. Now when I bought my power suppl,y for my new build a few months ago I bought the following supply. PSU
Unfortunately I don't have the first clue about power supplies and what I would need for my system. What I can tell you is that the CPU is overclocked to 3.15ghz (E4300) @ 1.55 volts (in BIOS) the northbridge is @ 1.4v to support the FSB and my RAM is currently 2.25v I think or 2.3v (running 900mhz OCZ @ 4-4-3-15). Have a SATAII 250gb HD and IDE DVD-RW plugged into this, a cold cathode kit, 4 fans, and of course the 8800GTS running off the linked PSU.

What I would like to know if anyone could tell me is, is this enough or do I need to buy a new one. When running CPU intensive tasks it seems to run fine. I did a torture test on prime95 for 6 hours with no crash or errors. Yet when I run Company of Heroes in full detail with post processing on and it gives me a BSOD after about 5 mins play. It was just on this game until a few days ago when Tiberium Wars did it twice in close sucession but has not done it since. If I don't have enuff power I want to remedy it now and buy a better PSU.

Id like to think it was just the fact that im running Vista Ultimate x64 and nVidia drivers are to blame but I want to be absolutely sure.

bozza2k6

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
Was thinking of getting one of these: Zalman ZM460B-APS or Tagan U25 500W or Silverstone Strider 500W

The Silverstone Strider is the best performance - price balance. But its 4 rails. I dunno how it all works so would I just want 2 rails or would 4 be ok? :S

Edit: 600w Coolersmaster Would this power supply do? 600w and was on one of ur older lists as 38A.