moegoer

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Hello,
I have downloaded the trial version of RON. When I try to install, I get "checking exception data" then after a time, i get "RON has stopped working". Then i get "windows is searching for a solution and will notify you". What's going on? I have Vista home and a quad core computer by HP. plenty of disk space.

Gandalf

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

moegoer

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

Gandalf

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
This program seem to have been written for the XP operating system as evidenced by the fact that it works on your old XP computer. Suggest you try running the Vista computer copy in the XP Compatibility mode.

To do this, go to the directory the game is in and right click on the game's executable file ( .exe)
Left click on Properties
Left click on the Compatible tab
This is where the compatible options are located.

moegoer

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
To summarize the whole problem....I purchased a RON game. Installed it and got the same error message. Since I just can't stand these kind of puter problems, I then went the full bore method of Re-installing Vista which formatted my hard drive. I then reinstalled the game and guess what?? It still wouldn't work....I then installed the Thrones add-on game and low and behold the game worked...rah. The original RON still won't work but since the addition has so many more features (according to my brother who has it). It was a real exercise to reinstall ALL the little programs and features I had been using....All's well that ends well I guess.