Sign in with
Your question

RON installation

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 17, 2010 3:33:10 PM

Hello,
I have downloaded the trial version of RON. When I try to install, I get "checking exception data" then after a time, i get "RON has stopped working". Then i get "windows is searching for a solution and will notify you". What's going on? I have Vista home and a quad core computer by HP. plenty of disk space.

More about : ron installation

February 18, 2010 10:15:40 AM

Gand is correct your downlaoded copy is bad, you need to redownload your game.
The checking exception data tells me you download went bad by the way.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 19, 2010 2:06:39 AM

Yep. tried downloading from here and also ran CCleaner. Neither helped. again got the "gathering excetional data" then the program quite.
February 19, 2010 2:08:31 AM

what do I try next????
February 26, 2010 12:32:51 PM

saran008 said:
Have you tried to download a fresh copy of RON from here!

http://www.microsoft.com/games/thronesandpatriots/downl...

Uninstall the old copy!
Fresh install of RON!

did that..... also bought the full game. Installed on my computer....same thing. Installed the same game on my old XP computer,,,it worked perfectly.....Seems that something is amiss with my Visa computer. Any ideas????
February 26, 2010 6:10:10 PM

This program seem to have been written for the XP operating system as evidenced by the fact that it works on your old XP computer. Suggest you try running the Vista computer copy in the XP Compatibility mode.

To do this, go to the directory the game is in and right click on the game's executable file ( .exe)
Left click on Properties
Left click on the Compatible tab
This is where the compatible options are located.

March 8, 2010 1:21:24 PM

To summarize the whole problem....I purchased a RON game. Installed it and got the same error message. Since I just can't stand these kind of puter problems, I then went the full bore method of Re-installing Vista which formatted my hard drive. I then reinstalled the game and guess what?? It still wouldn't work....I then installed the Thrones add-on game and low and behold the game worked...rah. The original RON still won't work but since the addition has so many more features (according to my brother who has it). It was a real exercise to reinstall ALL the little programs and features I had been using....All's well that ends well I guess.
March 9, 2010 12:35:22 AM

happy to see you found a solution for your problem!
You are always welcome to this forum with any kind of system problems! :) 
We are here to help you any time :) 
!