Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to Extract Text from Flash File

Last response: in Apps General Discussion
February 15, 2011 1:16:34 PM

Hi all,

I have a Macromedia Flash file in .exe format. I want to extract batches of text from it. I have Flash Decompiler Trillix but I couldnt open the file as the file is "corrupted" but in fact it should not be "corrupted" since i can open the file independently.

Also, the file was actually a hidden file, but I unhid it by clicking on its properties. I'm not sure if this has any effect on said problem.

Please give some advice. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
February 15, 2011 1:52:27 PM

Thanks a lot for the very quick reply. But it doesnt work, saying the file" does not contain an SWF file or is not a standard Flash projector".
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2011 1:54:49 PM

Adding on, the Flash file is a Macromedia Projector file.
m
l
February 15, 2011 2:08:23 PM

Sounds like you need to use the program that created it to edit it.
m
l
February 15, 2011 2:48:03 PM

Uh okay, so does that mean I could probably use an adobe macromedia flash program to batch extract the text files? Cos I'm not entirely sure what program can do the job either.

A last resort I think would be to save screen shots for each screen with the texts I need in the flash file, since I need the texts to come along with some images I'm printing out.
m
l

Best solution

February 15, 2011 4:04:12 PM

Not sure exactly what you'd need to do here, if you know how the other file was created you should be able to edit in that program to look at the parts it was made with.
February 16, 2011 8:36:36 AM

Best answer selected by gudeglaut.
m
l
!