Belkin F5D8053 wont connect to any wifi

Jeebuz91

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Hey,

I just bought this not too long ago to replace the linksys pci adapter.

It picks up signal and when I connect to it, Windows says I'm connected. But when I try to browse the web (firefox) or try to go on msn messenger it wont let me.I have everything automatically configured. And when i trouble shoot msn messenger it stops at default gateway check. So I am connected to the access point on my laptop and checked the gateway and it has the same gateway as my desktop does. I put the usb on the laptop itself and its the same exact problem.

akhilles

Splendid
Is the driver properly installed?

Does the driver come with some Belkin tool that stays in the lower-right corner of Windows? If so, disable it and use Windows Zero Wireless.

Disable WEP/WPA encryption as a test.

Jeebuz91

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Nice rig you have there! and I installed the drivers by themselves without the belkin App, I'm just going to return it because just last night I received a cantenna from my friend! I'm looking for a usb adapter to connect my cantenna to it. But I dont know what other USB adapters will work with Airodump. I've been trying to see if I could crack someone's WEP encryption then go up to their house and tell them their own password and tell them how to secure it! haha i know it's dumb but I'm really cool with my neighbors. and maybe I can make some money to enforce their security =]

Thank you for your reply akhilles

adamsaulnier

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
Check to make sure the password you entered for your wireless (you do have one, right?) is typed in correctly. I've seen it happen before that the card will say connected, but you won't have any access to the network.