Hey all,
I have just finished the build on my new computer, components are as follows:

e6420
asus p5b deluxe wifi
corsair xms2 2*1024 pc6400c4
3 * samsung 250gig sata 2
his hd 2900xt
etc

The problem is that the motherboard when posting stops at the Intel Matrix Storage Manager ROM blabla screen for about 2 minutes everytime it posts. It did this before I ever had an operating system installed. I updated the bios straight away and cannot remember now if it was a problem before the flash. I also have found that the raid utility is EXTREMELY!! slow and am unsure if this is normal. I would press escape to return to previous menu and that would take over a minute to do, not to mention time to create raids.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Since then I decided to remove drives from the array and see what effect this would have on boot. I discovered that with 1 particular problem drive removed the raid is discovered and reported to be in error instantly. If I put that drive back in with any mix of the others or by itself the raid detection hangs for that same duration.
What could be wrong with this hard drive that it would slow everything down. The hard drives seem to run windows fine.

jfkillers

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
Bump.... no one has any ideas.

I'm going to try deleting the arrays and rebuilding them, thinking maybe the one harddrive has corrupt or bad raid data on it or something not that I know anything about raid and how it works, I just assume that striping stores raid information on each drive though I hear mirroring doesnt.

jfkillers

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
Well thats fixed :?

Deleted the raids and then rebooted, still had slow detection in raid post area to pick up 3 non raided hdd... so I went into the bios and made it sata -> ide and booted through without the raid initiating. Then I went back into the bios and set to raid again, rebuilt the arrays, all running normal now :lol:

Gotta hate random.

TRENDING THREADS