quake server question

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

My maps rotate perfectly, until someone calls a VOTE for a different one, and
then that map plays over and over. The only way (that I've found) to get the
rotation back is to exec the server.cfg again.

Is there a workaround for this?

My current server.cfg below:

g_gametype 0
seta sv_maxclients 10
capturelimit 8
timelimit 15
fraglimit 20
seta g_motd "Customs R us"
seta g_quadfactor 1
sv_pure 0
set sv_maxRate "25000"
seta g_inactivity 0
sv_allowdownload 1
g_allowvote 1
set sv_master1 "master0.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master2 "master3.gamespy.com"
set sv_master3 "64.81.178.54:27243"
set sv_master4 "68.142.232.32:27243"
set d1 "map 1smallmap ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map jaxdm8 ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "map storm3tourney5 ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "map deadsimple ; set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "map jb17 ; set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "map pillcity ; set nextmap vstr d7"
set d7 "map qbeast ; set nextmap vstr d1"
vstr d1
bot_minplayers 2
seta bot_challenge "1"
seta bot_rocketjump "1"
seta bot_visualizejumppads "1"
seta g_spSkill "5"
seta sv_fps 30
set g_dowarmup "1"
set g_warmup "8"
set bot_nochat "1"
set g_smoothclients "1"
set g_weaponrespawn "3"

sets "Admin" "SittingDuck"
sets "Location" "Seattle, WA"

"sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> My maps rotate perfectly, until someone calls a VOTE for a different one,
> and
> then that map plays over and over. The only way (that I've found) to get
> the
> rotation back is to exec the server.cfg again.
>
> Is there a workaround for this?
>
> My current server.cfg below:
>
> g_gametype 0
> seta sv_maxclients 10
> capturelimit 8
> timelimit 15
> fraglimit 20
> seta g_motd "Customs R us"
> seta g_quadfactor 1
> sv_pure 0
> set sv_maxRate "25000"
> seta g_inactivity 0
> sv_allowdownload 1
> g_allowvote 1
> set sv_master1 "master0.idsoftware.com"
> set sv_master2 "master3.gamespy.com"
> set sv_master3 "64.81.178.54:27243"
> set sv_master4 "68.142.232.32:27243"
> set d1 "map 1smallmap ; set nextmap vstr d2"
> set d2 "map jaxdm8 ; set nextmap vstr d3"
> set d3 "map storm3tourney5 ; set nextmap vstr d4"
> set d4 "map deadsimple ; set nextmap vstr d5"
> set d5 "map jb17 ; set nextmap vstr d6"
> set d6 "map pillcity ; set nextmap vstr d7"
> set d7 "map qbeast ; set nextmap vstr d1"
> vstr d1
> bot_minplayers 2
> seta bot_challenge "1"
> seta bot_rocketjump "1"
> seta bot_visualizejumppads "1"
> seta g_spSkill "5"
> seta sv_fps 30
> set g_dowarmup "1"
> set g_warmup "8"
> set bot_nochat "1"
> set g_smoothclients "1"
> set g_weaponrespawn "3"
>
> sets "Admin" "SittingDuck"
> sets "Location" "Seattle, WA"

I don't think so. I turned off voting for that reason. Clients would change
gametype and everything else they could, including map, and it would stay
out of whack for days if I went on vacation or left town for any reason
without logging into the server to check on it. Yeah, they want to vote. No,
most aren't polite or mature enough to leave things as they were when they
arrived.