Fan controlling software(?)

bokos

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
Greetings to all... :)

I have a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 mobo, a thermaltake case, a blue orb II cpu ( intel E6300 1.86Ghz --OC--> 3.01Ghz ) cooler and 2x120mm case fans ( rear & front ). I'd like to be able to control fan speeds (manually and using software) because they are making a lot of noice at the time, but I can't find any appropriate program. ( Speedfan doesn't seems to work for controlling but only for monitoring -wrong- fan speeds at my system...).Using Gigabytes' soft I only managed to monitor their correct speeds.
Do you know any other software that might help me?

Thank you in advance,
Angelos.

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
http://www.xoxide.com/subl4poblred.html

rheob1.jpg

its a fan controller bay, it works really good

-the only software i know of is speed fan but give the fan controller a shot

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Speedfan will work. You need to change the settings to software controlled.

Configure -> Advanced (then choose chipsefrom drop down) -> Change PWM modes to "software controlled"

You should then be able to manually control the fans from the main page as well as set up automatic control.

bokos

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
Thanks for the tip OrangeGator.. :)
The problem was that the fans were powered directly from the power supply ( instead of the mobo ), so SpeedFan was not able to control them... I changed the connection and now I control them properly... :) I'm planning to buy a hardware controller at the future, but at the time I want to be able to control them through software...

Thank you all for your help. :D