View Menu (Thumbnails)

When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in Photoshop, I
always have to change the View Menu in order to see Thumbnails! I would
like to have the Thumbnail view as my default opening choice, how do I
change this? I looked in Conrol Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see
any setting that looked like it would change this. Can someone help?

Thanks!
--
Ray
www.rayspace.com/gallery.html

"Lunaray" <yarNOT@nehalemtel.net> wrote in message
> When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in Photoshop,
> I always have to change the View Menu in order to see Thumbnails! I would
> like to have the Thumbnail view as my default opening choice, how do I
> change this? I looked in Conrol Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't
> see any setting that looked like it would change this. Can someone help?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Ray
> www.rayspace.com/gallery.html
> "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere,
> than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

Even though we've never met, may I say you're amazing???

Yes, it fixed the problem. And another problem arose in the meantime -- I
couldn't set OE as my default mailer! When I go to Control Panel, Internet
Options, there are no programs listed in the drop down menu. Your fix
actually fixed BOTH problems!!!

I am amazingly grateful.

"Lunaray" <yarNOT@nehalemtel.net> wrote in message
> When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in Photoshop,
> I always have to change the View Menu in order to see Thumbnails! I would
> like to have the Thumbnail view as my default opening choice, how do I
> change this? I looked in Conrol Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't
> see any setting that looked like it would change this. Can someone help?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Ray
> www.rayspace.com/gallery.html
> "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere,
> than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I just
sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.

Jeff Needle wrote:
> And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
> just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.

Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
tweaked our interest?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
> tweaked our interest?

Nevermind - once I found the other post, this all looks pretty ironic.
*grin*

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

map

Lunaray wrote:
> When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
> Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
> Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
> opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
> Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
> like it would change this. Can someone help?
>
> Thanks!

Run the edit on line2 left side and reboot
or install SP2,once you change the setting to thumbnail view it should stay
that way after you apply this edit.

--
Mike Pawlak

MAP wrote:
> Run the edit on line2 left side and reboot
> or install SP2,once you change the setting to thumbnail view it
> should stay that way after you apply this edit.

Thanks Mike..
I meant to get back to this one since I had basically had a conversation in
the thread unrelated to the answer - but hadn't yet.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks Mike, I have SP2 installed but when I choose Thumbnail View it
doesn't stay that way, I have to make the choice each time I open another
folder. I may try the Registry hack you pointed me to (thank you), but it
just seems silly that you would have to go to that extreme for such a basic
problem, I'm not real comfortable messin' around with the Registry!

Lunaray wrote:
> Thanks Mike, I have SP2 installed but when I choose Thumbnail View it
> doesn't stay that way, I have to make the choice each time I open
> another folder. I may try the Registry hack you pointed me to (thank
> you), but it just seems silly that you would have to go to that
> extreme for such a basic problem, I'm not real comfortable messin'
> around with the Registry!

Unfortunately - for people who think its beyond them that is - the registry
hack is becoming the only way to fix/tweak many things in Windows XP. So
much of Windows XP depends on/is determined by registry settings.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

moocow

> [...]

> Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
> tweaked our interest?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

> Lunaray wrote:
> > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
> > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
> > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
> > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
> > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
> > like it would change this. Can someone help?
>
> Jeff Needle wrote:
> > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
> > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
>
> Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you

Try typing a message in the message body before hitting the send button.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User