View Menu (Thumbnails)

When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in Photoshop, I
always have to change the View Menu in order to see Thumbnails! I would
like to have the Thumbnail view as my default opening choice, how do I
change this? I looked in Conrol Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see
any setting that looked like it would change this. Can someone help?

Thanks!
--
Ray
www.rayspace.com/gallery.html

    "Lunaray" <yarNOT@nehalemtel.net> wrote in message
    > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in Photoshop,
    > I always have to change the View Menu in order to see Thumbnails! I would
    > like to have the Thumbnail view as my default opening choice, how do I
    > change this? I looked in Conrol Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't
    > see any setting that looked like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > Ray
    > www.rayspace.com/gallery.html
    > "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere,
    > than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

    Even though we've never met, may I say you're amazing???

    Yes, it fixed the problem. And another problem arose in the meantime -- I
    couldn't set OE as my default mailer! When I go to Control Panel, Internet
    Options, there are no programs listed in the drop down menu. Your fix
    actually fixed BOTH problems!!!

    I am amazingly grateful.

    "Lunaray" <yarNOT@nehalemtel.net> wrote in message
    > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in Photoshop,
    > I always have to change the View Menu in order to see Thumbnails! I would
    > like to have the Thumbnail view as my default opening choice, how do I
    > change this? I looked in Conrol Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't
    > see any setting that looked like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > Ray
    > www.rayspace.com/gallery.html
    > "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere,
    > than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

    And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I just
    sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.

    Jeff Needle wrote:
    > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.

    Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    tweaked our interest?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley wrote:
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?

    Nevermind - once I found the other post, this all looks pretty ironic.
    *grin*

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Lunaray wrote:
    > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Run the edit on line2 left side and reboot
    or install SP2,once you change the setting to thumbnail view it should stay
    that way after you apply this edit.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    MAP wrote:
    > Run the edit on line2 left side and reboot
    > or install SP2,once you change the setting to thumbnail view it
    > should stay that way after you apply this edit.

    Thanks Mike..
    I meant to get back to this one since I had basically had a conversation in
    the thread unrelated to the answer - but hadn't yet.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Thanks Mike, I have SP2 installed but when I choose Thumbnail View it
    doesn't stay that way, I have to make the choice each time I open another
    folder. I may try the Registry hack you pointed me to (thank you), but it
    just seems silly that you would have to go to that extreme for such a basic
    problem, I'm not real comfortable messin' around with the Registry!

    Lunaray wrote:
    > Thanks Mike, I have SP2 installed but when I choose Thumbnail View it
    > doesn't stay that way, I have to make the choice each time I open
    > another folder. I may try the Registry hack you pointed me to (thank
    > you), but it just seems silly that you would have to go to that
    > extreme for such a basic problem, I'm not real comfortable messin'
    > around with the Registry!

    Unfortunately - for people who think its beyond them that is - the registry
    hack is becoming the only way to fix/tweak many things in Windows XP. So
    much of Windows XP depends on/is determined by registry settings.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

> [...]

    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP

    > Lunaray wrote:
    > > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Jeff Needle wrote:
    > > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    > Lunaray wrote:
    > > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Jeff Needle wrote:
    > > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    > Lunaray wrote:
    > > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Jeff Needle wrote:
    > > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    > Lunaray wrote:
    > > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Jeff Needle wrote:
    > > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    > Lunaray wrote:
    > > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Jeff Needle wrote:
    > > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    > Lunaray wrote:
    > > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Jeff Needle wrote:
    > > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    > Lunaray wrote:
    > > When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    > > Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    > > Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    > > opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    > > Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    > > like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >
    > Jeff Needle wrote:
    > > And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    > > just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >
    > Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    > tweaked our interest?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Try typing a message in the message body before hitting the send button.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:e53re.21695$iy2.4019@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net,
    cicero-uk <wastedyouth821@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Lunaray wrote:
    >>> When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    >>> Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    >>> Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    >>> opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol
    >>> Panel/Folder Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked
    >>> like it would change this. Can someone help?
    >>
    >> Jeff Needle wrote:
    >>> And I just see I responded to the wrong e-mail. Sorry! The reply I
    >>> just sent was actually to my post concerning my OE problem.
    >>
    >> Hmmm.. How about sharing this amazing solution you found now that you
    >> tweaked our interest?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Shenan Stanley
    >> MS-MVP
    >> --
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    In news:mD2re.21590$iy2.19484@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net,
    moocow <JL@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > "Lunaray" <yarNOT@nehalemtel.net> wrote in message
    >> When I attach an image to an email, or when I open an image in
    >> Photoshop, I always have to change the View Menu in order to see
    >> Thumbnails! I would like to have the Thumbnail view as my default
    >> opening choice, how do I change this? I looked in Conrol Panel/Folder
    >> Options/View, but I didn't see any setting that looked like it would
    >> change this. Can someone help?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> --
    >> Ray
    >> www.rayspace.com/gallery.html
    >> "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere,
    >> than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

Microsoft Windows XP