No-nonsense file manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebocious

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
When I worked in Geek Squad, we had a tool called F-MOD that didn't "whine" like other file managers do about petty things like long/invalid file names or extensions. It was a no-nonsense file manager that did exactly what any non-programmer would logically expect a file manager to do, and a godsend to boot.

Unfortunately, I left GS some time ago, and to this day have yet to find an alternative, free or paid. ChaCha gave me the name, "File Tree Plus," but this name is nowhere to be found on Google. Does such a thing exist? Thank you.

simoness12

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I recommend you to take a look at this file management software. You can set up your own file server for managing and sharing files through web browser. It's like DropBox but self-hosted so that you can keep all your confidential files on your own server. The web based UI looks and feels like Windows 7 Explorer. It offers features that are not possible with a FTP server such as zipping files, downloading multiple files and folders in single download etc. It's also easier to set up and administrate than a FTP server.
http://www.gleamtech.com/products/filevista/web-file-manager

Status
Not open for further replies.