Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I work in a bank. Only about 50% of our apps will work with a 64 bit OS. It has nothing to do with us, or our software. It has everything to do with our vendor. My point is, you don't always have a choice.

We have clients who are very wealthy. They have an option to make deposits from their home/business. When your vendor can no longer support their brand new shiny OS, you have to do what you can to keep them happy. You can't tell your clients to choose a 32 bit OS. And you can't tell your vendor, who is the largest vendor in the US, to get on it.
I work in a bank. Only about 50% of our apps will work with a 64 bit OS. It has nothing to do with us, or our software. It has everything to do with our vendor. My point is, you don't always have a choice.

We have clients who are very wealthy. They have an option to make deposits from their home/business. When your vendor can no longer support their brand new shiny OS, you have to do what you can to keep them happy. You can't tell your clients to choose a 32 bit OS. And you can't tell your vendor, who is the largest vendor in the US, to get on it.

Solution

mileschap

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Sorry, I was questioning a particular program -- at least I thought I was -- but see that it's not at the start of the thread, and now have no idea what program I had in mind. Sorry for the disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.