Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
P5ND2 SLI
2X1GB CORSAIR DDR2 667 PC5400
2X 80 GB SATA
ATI X1950PRO
SILVERSTONE 560W CONTINUOUS PSU
802 G PCI WIRELESS

Haven't been able to figure this one out... my system locks up mostly when playing games. No error message, no nothing, just a frozen screen. The HD light does not blink. I have to restart it always. Nothing in event viewer. Tried HD scans for bad sectors, etc. Defraged, scanned for viruses & malware. Changed my ram, changed my video card. Checked all the cables, dusted, etc.

It still locks up. No unusual sound coming or anything... and it's frustrating the hell out of me. It's been happening ever since I reinstalled XP.

The only possible answer I've found is that the SATA functions on the nforce 4 mobos are a bit wonky. But this freezing happens a lot, but not every time.

I know it's hard to diagnose from there, but any suggestions?

P5ND2 SLI
2X1GB CORSAIR DDR2 667 PC5400
2X 80 GB SATA
ATI X1950PRO
SILVERSTONE 560W CONTINUOUS PSU
802 G PCI WIRELESS

Haven't been able to figure this one out... my system locks up mostly when playing games. No error message, no nothing, just a frozen screen. The HD light does not blink. I have to restart it always. Nothing in event viewer. Tried HD scans for bad sectors, etc. Defraged, scanned for viruses & malware. Changed my ram, changed my video card. Checked all the cables, dusted, etc.

It still locks up. No unusual sound coming or anything... and it's frustrating the hell out of me. It's been happening ever since I reinstalled XP.

The only possible answer I've found is that the SATA functions on the nforce 4 mobos are a bit wonky. But this freezing happens a lot, but not every time.

Have you tried increasing the voltage to the RAM in BIOS?

Yoosty

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
Could be 1 of these 3 things or a combination of any of them.

Tempature is near top limit and one of his cores'.

Graphic card is running hot.

Power supply maxed out.

So what you need is to keep your graphic card and Cpu cooler during summer months. If they are, then you might need new Psu.

easyg

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
Maybe you should download and run Orthos SP2004. Locks up during full load... Prolly your memory modules. Usually is. I doubt if it's your video card.