Anyone here play on the UK DEMON servers? + rant

Tags:
  • Games
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 27, 2005 5:34:59 PM

Just a-wondering, anybody here play on Demon-UK's Q3A servers? They seem to
be the only servers that have the full set of Q3A [retail] maps nicely laid
out for you to choose. I see some people over and over again and was
wondering whether any of them ever visit this ng...

Trying to find some good custom map servers. Usual story for me is:

a) find a server or two on ASE running custom maps
b) find I don't have the maps
c) download maps courtesy of google
d) connect to the server just as the game's ending and a new map's starting
e) find I don't have the maps
f) repeat steps a - e another 2-3 times
g) give up

and if I still have the energy

h) go back to the good old demon-uk baseq3 servers, play q3dm15-19 again.

I've got bloody loads of maps (enough so that the in-game map chooser can't
even be arsed to display them all) but yet I never seem to have any of the
customs ones running on any servers I can see.

Oh for a server running giantshome.pk3, my current fave

anyhoo,

nice talkin to you all

h [aka Shagtastic, when I can get a slot *and* have the map]

More about : play demon servers rant

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 9:19:19 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:34:59 GMT, "h" <h@NOSPAMhowiem.com> wrote:

>Just a-wondering, anybody here play on Demon-UK's Q3A servers? They seem to
>be the only servers that have the full set of Q3A [retail] maps nicely laid
>out for you to choose. I see some people over and over again and was
>wondering whether any of them ever visit this ng...
>
>Trying to find some good custom map servers. Usual story for me is:
>
>a) find a server or two on ASE running custom maps
>b) find I don't have the maps
>c) download maps courtesy of google
>d) connect to the server just as the game's ending and a new map's starting
>e) find I don't have the maps
>f) repeat steps a - e another 2-3 times
>g) give up
>
>and if I still have the energy
>
>h) go back to the good old demon-uk baseq3 servers, play q3dm15-19 again.
>
>I've got bloody loads of maps (enough so that the in-game map chooser can't
>even be arsed to display them all) but yet I never seem to have any of the
>customs ones running on any servers I can see.
>
>Oh for a server running giantshome.pk3, my current fave
>
>anyhoo,
>
>nice talkin to you all
>
>h [aka Shagtastic, when I can get a slot *and* have the map]

ello , yeah I play on demon dm5-9 with all due respect to the other
players there are normally only 4/5 ppl who are going to win out of
max 16 but Doc Hendrix and few others are good players .
Another good custom map server is the ARC FFA server 80.252.64.4:27960
but sometimes they go private so server not always available .
HTH frag your arse sometime Havoc[6]. :-)
!