nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have many DV tapes of parties, family gatherings, I need to get them on
DVD.

I used Moviemaker once, it found my camcorder and downloaded contents of my
DV tape, played around and added some titles but was not sure what format I
burn them so I can play them on my DVD player.

Can I just burn the content off my harddisk straight on the DVD writer or do
I have to prepare this for some type of format.

Please advise.

Best regards!

This really depends upon what your stand alone DVD player is capable of
playing.Most computer DVD player will play almost anything if you have the
codec installed and the program.BUT the DVD player in your living room has a
set of standards build into it by the manufaturer and these vary from
company to company.The manual that came with the unit should tell you.I
myself use NERO for burning a MovieMaker file to a VBO format which is
playable on all DVD.The catch is that usually the files will not fill the
DVD and I waste space.
peterk

the problem